Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Ed Harris (1950 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Borderline (1980) [Hotchkiss]: Shot repeatedly by Charles Bronson after Harris turns to fire after a lengthy chase.
- Knightriders (1981) [Billy]: Hit by a truck while riding on his motorcycle. (Thanks to Aaron and Paul)
- Creepshow (1982) [Hank Blaine]: Crushed to death when a zombie drops a tombstone on him, after he falls into the zombie's open grave and discovers Viveca Lindfors' body lying in it.
- Alamo Bay (1985) [Shang]: Shot to death by Amy Madigan when Ed attacks Amy and Ho Nguyen on the dock. (Thanks to Robert)
- State of Grace (1990) [Frankie Flannery]: Shot in the head by Sean Penn at the end of a shoot-out in a bar, right after Ed runs out of bullets.
- China Moon (1991) [Kyle Bodine]: Killed when Benicio Del Toro kicks him, making him point his gun at the police who fire out of impulse. He dies in Madeleine Stowe’s arms.
- Paris Trout (1991) [Harry Seagraves]: Shot to death by Dennis Hopper when Ed tries to stop Dennis from killing Barbara Hershey.
- Just Cause (1995) [Blair Sullivan]: Executed in the electric chair. (Thanks to Vlabor)
- The Rock (1996) [Brigadier General Francis X. Hummell]: Shot repeatedly in the chest and stomach by Gregory Sporleder, Bokeem Woodbine and Tony Todd (when they mutiny against him); he dies shortly after Nicolas Cage pulls him out of the line of fire. (Thanks to William, Emily and Will)
- Pollock (2000) [Jackson Pollock]: Killed in a car crash while driving drunk. We only see the car go off the road; his body is not shown afterwards.
- Enemy at the Gates (2001) [Major Erwin König]: Shot through the eye with a rifle by Jude Law. (Thanks to Gary, Max, Pou and Will)
- The Hours (2002) [Richard Brown]: Commits suicide by jumping out of a window, after talking to Meryl Streep.
- A History of Violence (2005) [Carl Fogarty]: Shot in the back by Ashton Holmes, just as Ed is about to shoot Viggo Mortensen. (Thanks to Matt, Jarryd, Joe and Vlabor)
- Gone Baby Gone (2007) [Detective Remy Bressant]: Shot in the back by Joseph Flaherty, while the masked Ed is staging a robbery in a bar (as a pretext to cover his planned murder of Titus Welliver). He runs out of the bar, and dies shortly after Casey Affleck follows him up to a rooftop. (Thanks to ND)
- Cleaner (2007) [Eddie Lorenzo]: Shot in the head by Keke Palmer, just as Harris is about to shoot her father (Samuel L. Jackson). After we see the gun fire, it's unclear exactly who shot who until we see Harris fall back onto the floor.
- National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007) [Mitch Wilkinson]: Drowned in a flooding underground chamber, after he sacrifices himself by holding the door to let Nicolas Cage escape. (Thanks to Neil and ND)
- Touching Home (2008) [Charlie Winston]: Found dead on Christmas morning by Robert Forster near a creek outside his truck. It isn't clear whether his death was by a suicide, or if the he died (unintentionally) through alcohol poisoning.
- Salvation Boulevard (2011) [Dr. Paul Blaylock]: Accidentally shot in the head by Pierce Brosnan. (Played for comic effect)
- The Face Of Love (2013) [Garret Mathis / Tom Young]:
- Phantom (2013) [Captain Dmitri 'Demi' Zubov]: Killed (presumably poisoned or suffocated from toxic fumes) along with most of his crew during a struggle with David Duchovny and his cohorts. His body is later seen when a rescue group arrives.
- Run All Night (2015) [Shawn Maguire]: Shot in the back by Liam Neeson as he tries to escape in a train yard; he dies while embracing Liam.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Stand (1994 TV miniseries) [General Starkey]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by shooting himself in the head in his office; we see blood splatter onto a monitor, and his body is shown when his subordinates rush into the office. (See also J.K. Simmons in the 2020 version.)
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Amy Madigan.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.