Ed Begley (1901 - 1970)
- Boomerang! (1947) [Paul Harris]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the courtroom.
- Tulsa (1949) ["Curde" Johnny Brady]: Killed (off-screen) in a bar brawl; we learn of his death afterwards when Chill Wills gets the news.
- Dark City (1950) [Barney]: Strangled and hanged (off-screen) by Mike Mazurki; the scene cuts away just after Mike grabs Ed through a curtain.
- Odds Against Tomorrow (1959) [Dave Burke]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the head, after being wounded in a shoot-out with the police; we only hear the gunshot after the camera cuts away. (Thanks to Jim)
- Billion Dollar Brain (1967) [General Midwinter]: Drowns along with his whole personal army as his convoy sinks into holes created (by bombs) in the icy Baltic Sea.
- Hang 'Em High (1968) [Captain Wilson]: Commits suicide by hanging himself, rather than wait to be killed by Clint Eastwood. (Thanks to Robert and Stephen)
- Kraft Mystery Theater: Shadow of a Man (1963) [Bobby Lee Longstreet]: After being wounded (off-screen) by a pistol shot while struggling with the blackmailer, Ed is killed when he succumbs to his wound causing his car to go over a cliff where it explodes on impact.
- Rawhide: Piney (1964) [Piney Kinney]: Mortally wounded by J.D. Cannon in a shoot out over a mattress stuffed with money from a bank robbery they had pulled off. He lives long enough to gather up the money and start riding away and falls off his horse. Hie dies talking to Eric Fleming and Elisha Cook Jr.
- The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: Triumph (1964) [Brother Thomas Fitzgibbons]: Shot to death along with Maggie Pierce, by Tom Simcox as their boat approaches the dock.
- Father of Ed Begley Jr.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.