The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Dwight Frye (1899 - 1943)
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Dracula (1931) [Renfield]:Partially strangled, then thrown down a flight of stairs by Bela Lugosi . His body (a dummy actually) was shown in the 1936 sequel Dracula’s Daughter. (See also Pablo Álvarez Rubio in the Spanish language version of the movie.)
- Frankenstein (1931) [Fritz]: Killed (off-screen) by Boris Karloff after Dwight torments Boris with a torch. We only hear Dwight screaming from off-camera; his body is shown afterwards when Colin Clive and Edward Van Sloan find him hanging from a rafter. (Thanks to Jeffrey)
- By Whose Hand? (1932) [Chick Lewis]: Stabbed to death by Nat Pendleton on the train.
- The Circus Queen Murder (1933) [Flandrin]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the chest while taking a bow at the end of his trapeze act; his body is shown again afterwards being carried away on a stretcher.
- The Vampire Bat (Blood Sucker; Forced to Sin) (1933) [Herman Gleib]: Falls to his death into a pit while fleeing through the caves to escape the villagers.
- The Bride of Frankenstein (1935) [Karl]: Thrown from the tower by Boris Karloff. (Thanks to Jeffrey)
- The Shadow (The Circus Shadow) (1937) [Vindecco]: Shot with a poison dart by Sally St. Clair.
- Fast Company (The Rare-Book Murder) (1938) [Sidney Z. Wheeler]: Shot to death by Louis Calhern.
- Who Killed Gail Preston? (1938) [Mr. Owen]: Commits suicide by jumping from the roof.
- Sky Bandits (1940) [Speavy]: Shot in the back by William Pawley when Dwight tries to contact James Newill.
- Dead Men Walk (1943) [Zolarr]: Burned to death after a fire breaks out in George Zucco's house, while Dwight is pinned beneath a pedestal that had been knocked over during the struggle between Dwight and George.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.