The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Dwayne Johnson (1972 - )
a.k.a. The Rock; a.k.a. Rocky Maivia
Former professional wrestler
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Mummy Returns (2001) [Mathayus, the Scorpion King]: (1) Killed when the gods take his life away. (2) Reincarnated as a giant humanoid scorpion, Dwayne is stabbed in the chest with an enchanted spear by Brendan Fraser in the tomb; his body disintegrates into a mass of scorpions after his death. (Throughout the final sequence, he is in a monstrous human/scorpion form, and his character, including the likeness of his face, is entirely CGI.)
- The Scorpion King (2002) [Mathayus]: Shot fatally with an arrow by Steven Brand in one of Kelly Hu's visions; it is later averted in reality.
- Doom (2005) [Sarge]: Killed in an explosion when Karl Urban sends him through the portal and then throws a grenade after him, after Dwayne has started to transform into a monster.
- Southland Tales (2007) [Boxer Santaros]: Killed in an explosion, along with everybody else on the Mega-Zeppelin, when Lou Taylor Pucci fires a missile at it. Through time-travel machinations, a time-displaced Dwayne is also killed (off-screen) in an explosion by a car bomb; throughout the movie, references are made to a mysterious body being found, until it's explained that this body is the "other" Dwayne.
- Reno 911! Miami (2007) [Rick Smith, SWAT]: Killed in an explosion after he runs into a decontamination tent to retrieve a grenade he had dropped. (Played for comic effect.)
- Get Smart (2008) [Agent 23]: Killed in a car crash/explosion/burned to death when his SUV (which has been set on fire) collides with a train at the end of a chase and struggle in his vehicle with Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway who leap clear before impact.
- Faster (2010) [James Cullen/Driver]: Is clinically dead after being shot in the back of the head by Billy Bob Thornton after he sees his brother (Matt Gerald) being murdered by Lester Speight (with the bullet ricocheting round his skull and out of his face); he is later revived by hospital staff.
- The Other Guys (2010) [Christopher Danson]: Falls to his death, along with Samuel L. Jackson, when they jump from a rooftop pursuing a suspect. (Played for comic effect.)
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) [Dr. Smolder Bravestone]: Playing Alex Wolff's video game avatar, Dwayne dies twice: (1) Falls to his death after Kevin Hart/Ser'Darius Blain pushes him off a cliff, as Jack Black/Madison Iseman and Karen Gillan/Morgan Turner look on in shock. (2) Devoured by a panther, after he falls out of a tree when he's scared by a squirrel. Both times, Dwayne respawns shortly afterwards, using up one of his video game "lives".
- Jumanji: The Next Level (2019) [Dr. Smolder Bravestone]: Playing Danny DeVito's video game avatar, Dwayne dies twice: (1) Disintegrated by an Otrich! (2) Killed by a Rocket Launcher along with Alex/Awkwafina, Jack/Ser'Darius, Kevin/Danny Glover, and Karen/Morgan that was fired by Massi Furlan's men. Both times, Dwayne respawns shortly afterwards, using up one of his video game "lives".
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Transformers Prime: Darkness Rising, Part 1 (2010; animated) [Cliffjumper]: Fatally stabbed by Starscream (Steven Jay Blum). He's resurrected as a Terrorcon in the next episode (Darkness Rising, Part 2) when Megatron (Frank Welker) stabs hims with Dark Energon.
- Transformers Prime: Darkness Rising, Part 2 (2010; animated) [Cliffjumper]: After being resurrected as a Terrorcon, he dies again after the Decepticon base is blown up.
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Grandson of "High Cheif" Peter Maivia (wrestler)
- Son of Rocky Johnson (wrestler)
- Ex-Mr. Dany Garcia
Official Account[edit | edit source]
- Dwayne Johnson on Twitter
- Dwayne Johnson on Facebook
- Dwayne Johnson on Instagram
- Dwayne Johnson on Insstar.com
- Dwayne Johnson on Instagweb.com
- Dwayne Johnson on Buzzcent.com
- Dwayne Johnson on Digclips.com
- Dwayne Johnson on Digtubes.com
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.