The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Directed by Denis Villeneuve
Summary[edit | edit source]
Feature adaptation of Frank Herbert's science fiction novel, about the son of a noble family entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Trivia [edit | edit source]
- At one point, Peter Jackson expressed interest in directing a new film adaptation of Dune.
- This is Josh Brolin and Denis Villeneuve's first collaboration since Sicario (2015).
- Denis Villeneuve third consecutive science fiction film, after Arrival (2016) and Blade Runner 2049 (2017).
- Stellan Skarsgård spent 7 hours a day applying makeup for his role as the villainous Baron Vladimir Harkonnen. Director Denis Villeneuve describes his character as a "rhino in human form."
- Actor Timothée Chalamet was 23 when he played Paul Atreides, two years younger than Kyle MacLachlan when he played the same role in Dune (1984). In the novel Paul was 15-years-old.
- Charlotte Rampling, who will star in Denis Villeneuve's upcoming adaptation of the 1965 novel, originally wanted to play Lady Jessica in Alejandro Jodorowsky's failed Dune project, but declined the offer due to a scene that involved 2,000 extras defecating at once.
- Denis Villeneuve's plans for Dune (2020) are quite ambitious, as he hopes to make it the Star Wars he never saw. In an interview, he explained that most of the main ideas of Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) came from Dune so it will be a challenge to tackle this project. Villeneuve even said, "In a way, it's Star Wars for adults."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.