Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Django Unchained (2012)
Director: Quentin Tarantino
- Michael Bacall [Smitty Bacall]
- Christopher Berry [Willard]
- Michael Bowen [Tracker]
- Robert Carradine [Tracker]
- Dennis Christopher [Leonide Moguy]
- Leonardo DiCaprio [Calvin Candie]
- Doc Duhame [Ellis Brittle]
- Ato Essandoh [D'Artagnan]
- Clay Donahue Fontenot [Big Fred's Opponent]
- M.C. Gainey [Big John Brittle]
- Jake Garber [Tracker]
- Walton Goggins [Billy Crash]
- Jonah Hill [Bag Head #2]
- Cooper Huckabee [Lil Raj Brittle]
- Samuel L. Jackson [Stephen]
- John Jarratt [The LeQuint Dickey Mining Co. Employee]
- Don Johnson [Big Daddy]
- Ted Neeley [Tracker]
- James Parks [Tracker]
- Michael Parks [The LeQuint Dickey Mining Co. Employee]
- James Remar [Butch Pooch / Ace Speck]
- James Russo [Dicky Speck]
- Tom Savini [Tracker]
- Lewis Smith [Jinglebells Cody]
- David Steen [Mr. Stonesipher]
- Don Stroud [Sheriff Bill Sharp]
- Quentin Tarantino [The LeQuint Dickey Mining Co. Employee / Robert (Bag Head)]
- Christoph Waltz [Dr. King Schultz]
- Jamie Foxx used his own horse, Cheetah, in the movie. He got it four years prior as a birthday present.
- Holds the all time record for most uses of the "N" word or some version of it in a motion picture, with 116 uses.
- Will Smith, Idris Elba, Chris Tucker, Terrence Howard, Michael Kenneth Williams, and Tyrese Gibson were all considered for the role of Django. Quentin Tarantino actually wrote the role with Smith in mind, and Smith's agents and manager wanted him to accept it, but Smith ultimately decided to pass. Tarantino then offered the part to Jamie Foxx, who accepted.
- Christoph Waltz turned down the role when first given the script. He felt it was too tailored to his persona. Quentin Tarantino insisted and wouldn't take no for an answer. Waltz agreed under one condition: his character had to be pure, and never once act in a negative or evil manner. Tarantino sent him a hand written letter that simply said "Of Course, Mein Herr!- Q" Waltz sent a telegram back "Mein Herr, Of Course!- CW"
- When Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio) smashes his hand on the dinner table, DiCaprio accidentally crushed a small stemmed glass with his palm and really began to bleed. He ignored it, stayed in character, and continued with the scene. Quentin Tarantino was so impressed that he used this take in the final print, and when he called cut, the room erupted in a standing ovation. DiCaprio's hand was bandaged, and he suggested the idea of smearing blood onto the face of Kerry Washington. Tarantino and Washington both liked this, so Tarantino got some fake blood together.
- Jonah Hill was supposed to play a bigger role in this film. He was originally cast to portray a character named Scotty Harmony, the son of Southern slave buyers who would purchase Broomhilda to become his lover. The entire segment was cut.