Dirk Bogarde (1921 - 1999)
- Esther Waters (1948) [William Latch]: Dies of tuberculosis.
- Quartet (1948) [George Bland]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by shooting himself in his study; we hear the shot from outside, and his body is shown afterwards when Honor Blackman runs in and discovers him.
- Cast a Dark Shadow (1955) [Edward "Teddy" Bare]: Drives off a cliff after he mistakenly tries to flee with Kay Walsh's car whose brakes were cut by Dirk himself attempting to kill her.
- The Singer Not The Song (1961) [Anacleto Comachi]: Shot twice in the back by a police marksman as he tries to flee the shootout with his gang. He dies a couple of minutes later after talking to the dying John Mills. (Thanks to Brian)
- Damn the Defiant! (H.M.S. Defiant) (1962) [Lieutenant Scott-Padget]: Stabbed to death by Tom Bell. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Our Mother's House (1967) [Charlie Hook]: Hit on the head with a fireplace poker by Pamela Franklin.
- The Fixer (1968) [Bibikov]: Hanged (off-screen) in a cell by prison officials, simulating a suicide; his body is shown afterwards when Alan Bates discovers him.
- The Damned (La Caduta degli dei; Gotterdammerung; Die Verdammten) (1969) [Frederick Bruckmann]: Commits suicide (off-screen), along with Ingrid Thulin, by taking poison after their son (Helmut Berger) sets the poison on the table in front of them and leaves them alone; their bodies are shown on the couch afterwards when Helmut returns to check on them. (Thanks to Johan)
- Justine (1969) [Pursewarden]: Commits suicide by taking a cyanide capsule. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Death in Venice (Morte a Venezia) (1971) [Gustav von Aschenbach]: Dies of cholera while sitting on the beach and watching Bjorn Andresen.
- The Night Porter (Il Portiere di notte) (1974) [Maximilian Theo Aldorfer]: Shot to death (along with Charlotte Rampling) by an unseen sniper while walking along a bridge. Shown from a distance.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.