Dick Van Patten (1928 - 2015)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Beware! The Blob (Son of the Blob) (1972) [Scoutmaster Adelman]: Devoured (off-screen) by the Blob.
- Westworld (1973) [Banker]: Presumably killed (off-screen) by the robots after they go berserk; we don't see what happens to him, but it appears that Richard Benjamin is the only survivor left in the park at the end of the movie.
- High Anxiety (1977) [Dr. Philip Wentworth]: Dies of a cerebral hemorrhage and ruptured eardrums after Rudy De Luca (acting on Cloris Leachman's orders) booby-traps his car so that Dick can't escape the radio playing full blast. (Played for comic effect.)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Barnaby Jones: Odd Man Loses (1974) [Melvin Pearson]: Accidentally killed (I don't know the details). (I haven't seen this episode myself, but got the information from an episode guide.)
- Burke's Law: Who Killed Skippy's Master? (1994) [Dr. Paul Hampton]: Strangled (off-screen) by Stephanie Beacham. His body is shown afterwards when Gene Barry and Peter Barton discover him.
- The Sarah Silverman Program: Fetus Don't Fail Me Now (2008) [Dr. Eddie Hackmeyer]: Face melted by a beam of light that emerges from Sarah Silverman's vagina, as he attempts to deliver her baby. (Played for comic effect, parodying Ronald Lacey's death in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).) (Thanks to Tommy)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Brother of Joyce Van Patten
- Half-brother of Timothy Van Patten
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.