Diane Ladd (1935 - )
- Chinatown (1974) [Ida Sessions]: Murdered (off-screen) - exact method unclear - by thugs. Her body is shown afterwards when Jack Nicholson discovers her lying on the kitchen floor.
- Embryo (1976) [Martha]: Poisoned (off-screen) by Barbara Carrera to induce a heart attack; her body is shown afterwards in the morgue when her brother (Rock Hudson) identifies her.
- Rambling Rose (1991) [Mother]: Dies (off-screen) of unspecified natural causes, at some point between the main portion of the movie and the framing sequence.
- Forever (1992) [Mabel Normand]: Dies of tuberculosis (off-screen), many years before the story begins; she appears as a ghost (appearing as she did in the heyday of her screen career) throughout the movie.
- Carnosaur (1993) [Dr. Jane Tiptree]: Dies (off-screen), while giving birth to a dinosaur.
- Hush Little Baby (1993) [Edie]: Falls out of a window.
- Joy (2015) [Mimi]: Dies of old age/natural causes (off-screen); we learn of her death when her granddaughter (Jennifer Lawrence) is directed by her family to where her body is. She reappears briefly in a vision to Jennifer during her funeral.
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1993 pilot movie) [Charlotte]: Bitten (off-screen) by a rattlesnake; she dies shortly afterwards with Jane Seymour at her bedside. (She occasionally reappeared in flashback sequences in later episodes of the series.)
- Gracie's Choice (2004, TV movie) [Louela Larson]: Dies off-screen from natural causes in a hospital room while talking to her granddaughter (Kristen Bell).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.