Derek Jacobi (1938 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- The Human Factor (1979) [Arthur Davis]: Injected with a deadly dose of aflatoxin by Robert Morley, who told Derek that the shot would help ease the symptoms of a bad hangover.
- The Secret of NIMH (1982; animated) [Nicodemus]: Providing the voice of an American rat, he is crushed to death by the pulleys and ropes when his former friend Jenner (voiced by Paul Shenar) cuts the ropes that are hoisting up the cinder-block home of Mrs. Brisby (voiced by Elizabeth Hartman). (Thanks to Drew, Aaron, and Tommy)
- Dead Again (1991) [Franklyn Madson]: Impaled on a scissors-sculpture at the end of a fight with Kenneth Branagh.
- Hamlet (1996) [Claudius]: Crushed with a chandelier by Kenneth Branagh, who then puts poison in his mouth.
- Revengers Tragedy (2002) [The Duke]: Poisoned when Christopher Eccleston tricks him into kissing Jean Butler's skull, whose teeth Christopher had coated with poison. His body is shown again later on lying among all the flowers and stuffed animals in front of Sophie Dahl's shrine. (In the DVD audio commentary, director Alex Cox confirms that a special-effects dummy head was used for this later scene.)
- Underworld: Evolution (2006) [Alexander Corvinus]: Stabbed with a sword by Tony Curran. He then blows up his ship, killing himself.
- The Riddle (2007) [The Tramp]: Commits suicide by wading quite happily into the river Thames and drowning himself at the end of the film. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Old Curiosity Shop (2007) [Grandfather]: Dies of old age/natural causes, compounded by grief over the death of his granddaughter (Sophie Vavasseur). (I haven't seen this version, but I'm familiar with the story.)
- Ironclad (2011) [Baron Reginald de Cornhill]: Commits suicide by hanging himself to avoid a brutal death by the horde of attackers who are destroying his castle.
- Branagh Theatre Live: Romeo and Juliet (2016) [Mercutio]: Stabbed by Ansu Kabia.
- Horrible Histories: The Movie - Rotten Romans (2019) [Claudius]:
Deaths in TelevisionEdit
- Richard II (1978 TV) [Richard II]: Stabbed in the back by Desmond Adams while fending off Desmond's servants in his dungeon.
- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (1980 TV) [Hamlet]: Slashed with a poisoned blade during a swordfight with David Robb, he dies shortly after killing Patrick Stewart in turn.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1982 TV) [Claude Frollo]: Impaled through on a hook in the wall by Anthony Hopkins in self-defense.
- Cyrano de Bergerac (1985) [Cyrano de Bergerac]: Fatally injured by being run over by a carriage, he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Sinead Cusack.
- Marple: The Murder at the Vicarage (2004) [Colonel Protheroe]: Stabbed in the back by Jason Flemyng and Janet McTeer; his body is shown afterwards when he's discovered, and the murder is shown in a flashback later on. (Thanks to Hamish)
- Doctor Who: Utopia (2007) [Professor Yana/The Master]: Shot with a laser gun by Chip Chung; he then regenerates into a new form (John Simm).
- The Borgias: The Poisoned Chalice (2011) [Cardinal Orsini]: Poisoned by Sean Harris after drinking poisoned wine.
- The Crown: Dangling Man (2019) [Duke of Windsor]: Dies of laryngeal cancer while bed with Geraldine Chaplin by his side.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.