Denholm Elliott (1922 - 1992)
- Too Late the Hero (Suicide Run) (1970) [Captain Hornsby]: Machine-gunned by a Japanese guard from the watchtower, as Denholm comes out of the radio hut. (Thanks to Brian)
- The House That Dripped Blood (1971) [Charles Hillyer]: Strangled (off-screen) by Tom Adams; we learn of his death afterwards when Joanna Dunham gets a phone call informing her. His body is not shown.
- The Vault of Horror (Tales from the Crypt Part II) (1973) [Diltant]: Killed when Tom Baker paints a red hole on the forehead of Denholm's "voodoo portrait' causing the gun he's holding to supernaturally swing round and discharge on his own forehead.
- Robin and Marian (1976) [Will Scarlett]: Presumably killed (off-screen), along with Ronnie Barker in a swordfight in the forest. (we only last see them being held at swordpoint, it's highly implied they were killed).
- Saint Jack (1979) [William Leigh]: Dies of a heart attack in the gentlemen's club; he dies after Ben Gazzara and the others walk him over to the couch and attempt to revive him.
- Zulu Dawn (1979) [Colonel Pulleine]: Stabbed in the chest with a spear by a Zulu warrior (played by Gilbert Tiabane) in Denholm's tent. Basically correct, except that the Zulu was not identified and Pulleine shot him in the neck before being stabbed. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Return from the River Kwai (1989) [Colonel Grayson]: Shot repeatedly in the chest and stomach by George Takei's cohorts following a shootout during a failed escape attempt, he dies as Chris Penn tries to save him.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) [Dr. Marcus Brody]: Although he does not appear in this film (as it was made sixteen years after his real-life death), it's revealed that his character from two of the previous Indiana Jones movies had died off-screen between the movies (by both a photo and a statue). (Thanks to Augustin and Tommy)
- Mystery and Imagination: The Fall of the House of Usher (1966) [Roderick Usher]: Presumably killed when the house collapses around him while he's struggling with his sister (Susannah York). (I haven't seen this version, so I don't know how closely it follows the original story.)
- Mystery and Imagination: Dracula (1968) [Dracula]: Presumably stabbed in the chest with a wooden stake by Bernard Archard.
- The Persuaders: A Death In The Family (1972) [Roland}: Making his getaway in his open topped sports car, he is killed by his own bomb which Tony Curtis had found and passed to Roger Moore who blindly throws it and it lands in the back seat and blows the car to bits. (Played in a humorous manner) (Thanks to Brian)
- The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Coffin (1988) [Richard Braling]: Buried alive after lying down in the automatic coffin, set as a trap for Denholm by his recently-deceased brother (Dan O'Herlihy).
- Ex-Mr. Virginia McKenna.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.