David Tennant (1971 - )
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) [Barty Crouch, Jr.]: Presumably given the "Dementor's Kiss" as punishment for escaping Azkaban and aiding Lord Voldemort's (Ralph Fiennes) return. Although David isn't shown on-screen dying this way, nor is it outright stated this will happen to him, it's discreetly implied since Michael Gambon says after his capture that Azkaban will find their "missing a prisoner," in addition to the fact that David's character met this fate in the original book.
- Glorious 39 (2009)[Hector Haldane, MP]: Killed (off-screen) by Bill Nighy, who stages it to look like a sucide; we learn of his death when Romola Garai is informed.
TV Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Who: Smith and Jones (2007) [The Doctor]: Is temporarily dead after his blood is partially drained by Anne Reid; he is then revived due to a combination of his alien physiology and CPR administered by Freema Agyeman.
- Doctor Who: The Family of Blood (2007) [The Doctor/John Smith]: In a vision of what would happen if he continued living as the human being "John Smith", he dies of old age with Jessica Hynes by his side. (He survives the episode in reality).
- Doctor Who: Turn Left (2008) [The Doctor]: In an alternate timeline, he is drowned (off-screen) while killing Sarah Parish; his body is shown afterwards when Catherine Tate sees him being loaded into an ambulance. He is brought back to life when the proper timeline is restored.
- Doctor Who: The Stolen Earth (2008) [The Doctor]: Shot with an energy blast by a Dalek, which triggers his regenerations process. David is able to redirect the regeneration energy so that he does not change form. (It is revealed in a later season, that this was an actual regeneration)
- Hamlet (2009; TV movie) [Hamlet]: Stabbed with a poison-tipped sword during a swordfight with Edward Bennett; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Peter de Jersey.
- Doctor Who: The End of Time (2010) [The Doctor]: Dies of radiation poisioning after exposing himself to the radiation; he then regenerates into Matt Smith.
- Jessica Jones: AKA Smile (2015) [Kilgrave]: Neck snapped by Krysten Ritter after she succeeds in convincing him that she was under his mind control, while Rachael Taylor looks on.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Earth's Last Stand (2016;animated) [Fugitod]: Voicing both past and future selfs, Future Fugitod sacrifices himself to destroy the Heart of Darkness and the tricerations. "Past Fugitod" lives. However in the end, "Future Fugitod's" is shown to have survived the explosion and it comes back online.
- gen:LOCK: The Only Me I Know (2019) [Dr. Rufus Weller]: Killed in an explosion by activating an explosive device upon surrounded by enemies, sacrificing himself in the process.
- Des: Episode 3 (2020) [Dennis Nilsen]: Dies (off-screen) from pulmonary embolism and retroperitoneal haemorrhage. His death is mentioned in the closing text.
Notable Connections:[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Georgia Moffett
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.