Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
David Prowse (1935 - 2020)
- Casino Royale (1967) [Frankenstein's Monster]: Killed in an explosion (along with everybody else in the casino) when Woody Allen explodes. Played for comic effect.
- Hammerhead (1968) [George]: Shot to death by police right after Vince Edwards pulls Judy Geeson up and away from him.
- The Horror of Frankenstein (1970) [The Monster/Highwayman]: "Highwayman" is shot in the chest by Graham James as David is robbing a carriage; Ralph Bates then uses David's body to create his monster. The monster is later accidentally dissolved in a vat of acid (I forget by whom) in Ralph's laboratory.
- Up Pompeii (1971) [Erotica's Lover]: Killed along with everybody else when the volcano erupts.
- Vampire Circus (1972) [Strongman]: Shot in the chest (with a shotgun) by a villager when David tries to attack the crowd storming the circus grounds.
- Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1974) [Herr Schneider/The Monster]: "Schneider" commits suicide by slitting his wrists; his body is later used by Peter Cushing to create his monster. The monster is later mauled to death by the inmates in an asylum. (As the monster, David was wearing heavy ape-like make-up.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- Jabberwocky (1977) [Black Knight]: Falls to his death after being struck by the monster's tail, as Michael Palin staggers around blindly. (An obvious special-effects dummy was used for the fall.)
- The People That Time Forgot (1977) [The Hangman]: Stabbed by Doug McClure.
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) [Darth Vader]: Fatally injured with a barrage of energy (force lightning) by Ian McDiarmid as he grabs/kills Ian. He later allows himself to be finished off by requesting his son (Mark Hamill) to remove his mask/breathing support and dies whilst talking to Mark. (Due to the unique "triple-cast" nature of this role being shared with James Earl Jones and Sebastian Shaw , it's listed for all three actors.)
- The Saint: Portrait of Brenda (1969) [Tony]: Shot by Trevor Bannister in a drive-by after fighting with Roger Moore in a parking garage; Moore uses his body as a shield as Bannister fires from his car.
- Doctor Who: The Time Monster (1972) [Minotaur]: Presumably drowns (off-screen) in the sinking of Atlantis.
- The Benny Hill Show: Scuttle-Vision (1984) [Bodybuilder]: Shot in the chest with an arrow by Cupid (Benny Hill) in the park, when Benny uses a real arrow so he can take the girl himself. (Played for comic effect, obviously.)