Danny DeVito (1944 - )
- Johnny Dangerously (1984) [Burr]: Trampled to death (off-screen) after a bull crashes through the wall of the bar (in a parody of the then-current Schlitz Malt Liquor ads). We see him screaming as the bull charges towards him, followed by a newspaper headline reading "D.A. Dies in Commercial." (Played for comic effect, obviously.)
- Head Office (1985) [Frank Stedman]: Commits suicide by jumping out of the window in an office building. (Played for comic effect.) (Thanks to Neil)
- Batman Returns (1992) [Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. The Penguin]: Poisoned to death when he falls through a skylight into a pool of poisoned water below; he emerges from the water and approaches Michael Keaton menacingly before he finally collapses and dies. (Danny was wearing heavy make-up for this role).
- Hoffa (1992) [Bobby Ciaro]: Gunned down by Frank Whaley when Danny tries to save Jack Nicholson. (Thanks to Fred)
- Mars Attacks! (1996) [Rude Gambler]: Disintegrated with a ray-gun by a Martian in a junkyard. (Played for comic effect).
- Space Jam (1996) [Swackhammer]: Providing the voice of an animated alien, Danny is blown up after being stuffed into a rocket by his henchmen and launched to the moon where it explodes.
- L.A. Confidential (1997) [Sid Hudgens]: Beaten to death (off-screen) in his office by James Cromwell. His body is shown afterwards when Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce investigate the scene.
- Death to Smoochy (2002) [Burke Bennett]: Although he survives the actual movie, the US DVD includes a deleted scene in which Danny and Jon Stewart are shot to death (off-camera) by Pam Ferris and her men; we hear the shots as Catherine Keener and Edward Norton walk out of the building. (Thanks to Tommy)
- Even Money (2006) [Walter]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by hanging himself.
- Nobel Son (2007) [Gastner]: Electrocuted with a radio (off-screen) in the bathtub; his body is shown afterwards when Bryan Greenberg and Mary Steenburgen discover him. (I'm unsure whether it was suicide or whether he was killed by Shawn Hatosy.)
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia; Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth (2010) [Frank Reynolds/Chief Lazarus]: In the film within the episode Lethal Weapon 5, "Lazarus" is electrocuted after Rob McElhenney throws water on Danny while he's standing in front of a transformer. ("Frank Reynolds" survives the episode) (Played for comic effect.)
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia; The Gang Saves The Day (2013) [Frank Reynolds]: In a fantasy sequence, Danny is shot (along with Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney) by Kaitlin Olson. (Danny survives the episode in reality.) (Played for comic effect.)
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia; The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6 (2013) [Frank Reynolds/Chief Lazarus]: In the film within the episode Lethal Weapon 6, "Lazarus" (having been revived by a witch doctor) falls through a trap door into a vat of acid after Glenn Howerton throws a basketball at the trap door button. ("Frank Reynolds" survives the episode.) (Played for comic effect.)
- Mr. Rhea Perlman.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.