We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Clancy Brown (1959 - )
- The Bride (1985) [Viktor the Monster]: Playing a version of the Frankenstein monster, he likely dies (off screen) before the films and is then reanimated by Sting (The film never says this, but it's likely that this happened given the source material).
- Highlander (1986) [Victor Kruger/The Kurgan]: Decapitated by Christopher Lambert during a swordfight.
- Extreme Prejudice (1987) [Sgt. Larry McRose]: Shot to death, along with Larry B. Scott, during a battle with Mexican rebels.
- Shoot to Kill (1988) (Deadly Pursuit) [Steve]: Shot to death by Sidney Poitier (during a struggle underwater; with his body sinking to the ocean floor).
- Past Midnight (1991) [Steve Lundy]: Bleeds to death after his arm is cut off (off-screen) by Guy Boyd; his body is shown afterwards lying in a canoe when Natasha Richardson discovers him.
- Pet Sematary Two (1992) [Sheriff Gus Gilbert]: Bitten on the throat by a zombie dog in the pet cemetery; he then returns to life as a zombie himself after Edward Furlong and Jason McGuire bury him there. He dies once again after being shot in the neck by Anthony Edwards in Anthony's home. (Thanks to Michael)
- Pom Poko (1994; anime) [Gonta]: Providing the voice of a magical Raccoon Dog; He is hit by a high speeding big rig along with several other raccoon dogs (while they're disguised as a giant head), with their bodies returning to their natural forms as they die.
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (2000; animated) [Undertow]: Smashed into ice wall or suffocates when was out of the water.
- Atlantis II: Milo's Return (2003; animated) [Edgar Vulgud]: Turns into dust after the kraken was killed by Team Atlantis.
- Pathfinder (2007) [Gunnar]: Falls to his death off a mountain cliff top after Karl Urban breaks the necklace he is clinging on to (so Clancy cannot enter Valhalla) at the end of sword fight/struggle.
- The Burrowers The Burrowers (2008) [John Clay]: Shot in the neck during a Native American ambush.
- Cowboys & Aliens (2011) [Meacham]: Bleeds to death after being slashed/stabbed in the stomach and chest by one of the aliens while shielding Noah Ringer in the beached paddle boat; he dies while talking to Daniel Craig.
- Green Lantern (2011) [Paralaxx]: Playing the voice of a cloud like alien entity, he is incinerated after being pulled into the heart of the sun when Ryan Reynolds uses his power ring to throw him into the sun's gravity pull (during a fight in outer space).
- Hellbenders (2013) [Angus]: After being possessed by a demon, Clancy is stabbed in the heart with a knife by Clifton Collins Jr.; he dies while talking to Collins.
- Warcraft (2016) [Blackhand]: Slashed with a sword at the end of a fight with Travis Fimmel. (Clancy plays a CGI orc through motion capture.)
- Little Evil (2017) [Reverend Gospel]: Hit in the head with a brick by Evangeline Lilly when he charges at her with a knife, causing him to stumble and fall to his death in a portal leading to Hell.
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) [Surtur]: Voicing a fire demon, he is destroyed when Chris Hemsworth uses his hammer to remove his crown. Clancy is later resurrected by Tom Hiddleston when he throws the crown into fire which brings Clancy back to life. He dies once again when Asgard explodes due to him plunging a sword into it's core. (Mythologically inaccurate: Surtur commits suicide by burning himself along with the entire world with his flaming sword.)
- The Ballad of Buster Scruggs The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018) [Curly Joe]: Shoots himself in the head after Tim Blake Nelson stomps on a table, causing a plank to bounce up and strike the gun Clancy is aiming at Tim, and discharging it.
- Tales from the Crypt: Half-Way Horrible (1993) [Roger Lassen]: Commits suicide by injecting a poison into himself with a syringe, after the right part of his face is deformed by an Indian sorcerer.
- Gargoyles: Awakening Part II (1994; animated) [Hakon (voice)]: Falls to his death over a cliff during a struggle with the captain of the guards (voiced by Ed Gilbert); he returned as a ghost in later episodes, and was finally destroyed in the 1996 episode Vendettas, when Hudson (voiced by Ed Asner) destroys the axe that was anchoring Clancy to the living world.
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest: General Winter (1997; animated) [Col. Nikolai; Guard]: Killed in a explosion along with General Vostok (voiced by Mark Hamill) by a torpedo while in their submarine.
- Superman: The Animated Series; Brave New Metropolis (1996; animated) [Lex Luthor]: Set in an alternate reality where Dana Delany is dead, Clancy dies in a vehicular crash when Tim Daly attempts to apprehend him for his role in trying to kill the Dana from the main timeline.
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest: More than Zero (1997; animated) [The Entity/Professor Francois]: "The Entity is destroyed by Jonny Quest (voiced by Quinton Flynn) when he smashes the pearl. "Professor Francios" is crushed by the ceiling along with Professor Eric (voiced by Michael Gough).
- Batman Beyond: Betrayal (2000; animated) [Big Time]: Supposedly falls to his demise when he loses his grip while holding onto Batman's (voiced by Will Friedle) boot.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Wishing You Well (2006) [Mr. Krabs]: Presumably eaten (off-screen) by the human when he wishes he was boiled and steamed with butter.
- Lost: Live Together, Die Alone (2006) [Kelvin Inman]: Hits his head on a rock during a struggle with Henry Ian Cusick.
- American Dragon: Jake Long; Hong Kong Longs (2007; animated) [Dark Dragon]: Voicing a dragon; he is crushed to death by falling boulders, masonry structures or destroyed by the otherworldly creatures after he is sucked into another dimension.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lawless (2012; animated) [Savage Opress]: Stabbed in the chest with two lightsabers by Darth Sidious (Ian Abercrombie). He dies shortly after talking to his brother (Sam Witwer).
- Transformers Prime: Nemesis Prime (2012; animated) [Nemesis Prime]: Destroyed by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen).
- Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: Through the Curtain (2013; animated) [Evil Entity]: Sucked into a vortex and destroyed along with Professor Pericles (voiced by Udo Kier) after Scooby (voiced by Frank Welker) destroys the sarcophagus.
- Transformers Prime: Thirst (2013; animated) [Silas/Cylas]: Terminated by Airachnid (Gina Torres).
- Gravity Falls: Dreamscapers (2012; animated) [British Dog Man]: Destroyed when Dipper (Jason Ritter) blasts him with laser beams from his eyes.
- Sleepy Hollow: Pilot (2013) [Sheriff Corbin]: Decapitated by the Headless Horseman; he is seen in later episodes as a vision in Nicole Beharie's mind.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Vision Quest (2015; animated) [Rahzar]: Torn apart in the spirit world by Michelangelo (Greg Cipes).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Annihilation: Earth! Part 2 (2015; animated) [Rahzar]: Sucked into a black hole after the Triceratons activate the Heart of Darkness; his death is averted after the Turtles go back in time and stop the Triceratons in the episode Earth's Last Stand.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Journey to the Centre of Mikey's Mind (2016; animated) [Neutrinos/Chris Bradford]: Bradford is disintegrated by the Neutrinos inside of Michelangelo's (Greg Cipes) mind; the Neutrinos are stomped to death (off-screen) by Michelangelo.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arena of Carnage (2016; animated) [Rahzar]: Head turned into a balloon during a fight simulation by Michelangelo (Greg Cipes).
- Daredevil: The Dark End of the Tunnel (2016) [Colonel Schoonover]: Shot in the head by Jon Bernthal, while Deborah Ann Woll listens from outside the cabin.
- Rick and Morty: The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy (2017) [Risotto Groupon]: Shot in the head by Rick (Justin Roiland).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Requium (2017) [Rahzar]: Drowns (off-screen) after Leatherhead (voiced by Peter Lurie) tackles him in the water. We learn of his death in The Forgotten Swordsman when Fishface (voiced by Christian Lanz) locates his carcass at the bottom of the water and brings him up to the surface. In the same episode, he is revived when a séance is performed.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: End Times (2017) [Rahzar]: Falls into the netherworld when Tiger Claw (voiced by Eric Bauza) knocks him off a ledge during a fight between them.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: No Pictures, Please (2017) [Ol' Ribeye]: Voices a living skeleton. Later in the episode, he smashes into Patrick (Voice ofBill Fagerbakke)'s house and breaks apart.
- Star Wars: Rebels: Zero Hour (2017; animated) [Ryder Azadi/Unnamed Green Squadron Pilot]: "Unnamed Green Squadron Pilot" is shot down by a Tie Fighter. Ryder Azadi lives!
- Star Wars: Rebels: Crawler Commanders (2017; animated) [Proach/Ryder Azadi]: Shot and killed by Zeb (Steven Jay Blum). "Ryder Azadi" lives!
- Trollhunters 2018: [Gunmar] : Stabbed in the chest by Jake (voiced by Anton Yelchin), turning him to stone and pushed off the roof, getting shattered pieces.
- Invincible: Neil Armstrong, Eat Your Heart Out (2021; animated) [Damien Darkblood/Zaeim]: Voicing a dual role, "Zaeim" is ripped apart (off-screen) by "Ka-Hor" and "Damien Darkblood" is banished back to Hell by "Cecil Adams" (voiced by Walton Goggins).
- Dexter: New Blood: The Family Buisness (2022) [Kurt Caldwell]: Restrained, and Stabbed in the heart by Michael C. Hall, as Jack Alcott watches.
Video Game deaths
- Fallout (1997) [Rhombus]: Can be killed by the player character, and survives the game otherwise.
- Run Like Hell (Run Like Hell: Hunt or Be Hunted) (2002) [Dag'rek]: Sacrifices himself by detonating an explosive in order to destroy the alien creatures surrounding him.
- Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (2002) [Montross]: Eaten by alien creatures after Temuera Morrison wounds Clancy in a fight and refuses to kill him.
- Jak II (Jak II: Renegade) (2003) [Baron Praxis]: Crushed by debris when Sherman Howard knocks Clancy into a construction site with his laser weapon; he dies after speaking to Mike Erwin.
- God of War III (2010) [Hades]: Soul torn out of his body by T.C. Carson at the end of a fight.
- Mass Effect Andromeda (2017) [Alec Ryder]: Sacrifices himself by removing his oxygen helmet in order to provide it for Tom Taylorson or Fryda Wolff.
- Detroit: Become Human (2018) [Hank Anderson]: Can die in three ways. 1 - Commit suicides off-screen by shooting himself after Bryan Dechart failed to talk him out of his depression; a gunshot is only heard as Bryan left Clancy's house. 2 - Falls to his death while confronting Bryan to stop him from assassinating Jesse Williams. His death is dependent on the player's actions. 3 - Can be shot by another android version of Bryan when the player-controlled version of Bryan tries to save Clancy towards the end of the game if the player chose to have Bryan become deviant.
Mr. Jeanne Johnson (producer)