Claire Bloom (1931 - )
- Richard III (1955) [Lady Anne]: Killed (off-screen) by Laurence Olivier. Her body is not shown; we only learn of her death when Laurence mentions it in one of his monologues. She later appears as a ghost or hallucination when Laurence has a vision of several of his victims appearing to him.
- Romeo and Juliet (1955) [Juliet]: Commits suicide by stabbing herself in the chest.
- Anna Karenina (1961) [Anna Karenina]: Commits suicide by throwing herself under the wheels of a train.
- The Chapman Report (1962) [Naomi Shields]: Commits suicide by taking a drug overdose. (Thanks to Gordon)
- The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (1965) [Nan Perry]: Shot to death by guards when she tries to climb over the Berlin Wall with Richard Burton. The shooting and its aftermath are shown from a fairly far distance.
- The Illustrated Man (1969) [Felicia]: Mauled to death (off-screen), along with Rod Steiger, by a computer-generated lion inside a "hologram" room. We only hear them screaming as we see the lion attack; her body is not shown afterwards.
- Shadowlands (C.S. Lewis Through the Shadowlands) (1985) [Joy Davidman Gresham]: Dies of cancer. (See also Debra Winger in the 1993 version.)
- Daylight (1996) [Eleanor Trilling]: Dies of hypothermia while trapped in the tunnel. (Thanks to Eugene)
- Imogen's Face (1998) [Elinor]: Dies of a heart attack; her body is shown afterwards when Michael Byrne discovers her. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Max Rose (2013) [Eva Rose]: Dies of old age/natural causes.
- Henry VIII (1979; TV film) [Katherine of Aragon]: Presumably dies of cancer. (I haven't seen this version, so I don't know whether it covers her death.) (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (1980; TV film) [Queen Gertrude]: Poisoned when she drinks from the cup which Patrick Stewart had intended for Derek Jacobi.
- Brideshead Revisited (1981; TV film) [Lady Marchmain]: Dies of an unspecified illness.
- The Life and Death of King John (1984; TV film) [Constance]: Dies off-screen (I don't know the cause of death). (I haven't seen this version, but I've read a broad outline of Shakespeare's play, which includes a scene of a messenger bringing news of her death.)
- The Theban Plays: Oedipus the King (1984) [Jocasta]: Commits suicide by hanging herself after discovering that she's unwittingly married her own son. (Thanks to Gordon)
- Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna (1986) [Czarina Alexandra]: Executed, along with the rest of the royal family, by a firing squad of Bolsheviks.
- The Mirror Crack'd (The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side) (1992; TV film) [Marina Gregg]: Poisoned, presumably by Barry Newman. (The 1980 version with Elizabeth Taylor presents the death as a suicide, but this version implies that it's murder.) (Thanks to Daniel)
- Marple: By the Pricking of My Thumbs (2006) [Aunt Ada]: Poisoned with an overdose of morphine by June Whitfield. (Thanks to Hamish)
- Ex-wife of Rod Steiger
- Ex-wife of Hillard Elkins (producer)
- Ex-wife of Philip Roth (novelist)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.