The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Ciaran Hinds (1953 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Excalibur (1981) [Lot]: Dies off-screen while searching for the Holy Grail. While his death isn't specifically mentioned, it is mentioned that all the knights died looking for it.
- Ivanhoe (1997) [Brian de Bois-Guilbert]: Stabbed in the chest with a sword at the end of a battle with Steven Waddington. (Thanks to Sue)
- The Lost Son (1999) [Carlos]: Shot twice in the chest and stomach by Gregory McFarnon (who he is struggling with) in a corridor. (Thanks to ND)
- The Weight of Water (2000) [Louis Wagner]: Executed by hanging; we see him fall out of frame after the hood and noose are placed over his head. His body is not shown afterwards.
- Road to Perdition (2002) [Finn McGovern]: Shot in the head by Daniel Craig during a meeting in a warehouse, while Tyler Hoechlin watches through a crack underneath the door.
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003) [Jonathan Reiss]: Falls into a pool of acid at the end of a struggle with Angelina Jolie. (Thanks to Gary)
- Munich (2005) [Carl]: Shot in the head (off-screen) by Marie-Josee Croze in his hotel room; his body is shown afterwards when Eric Bana discovers him. (Nudity alert: Full frontal) (Thanks to Sheena)
- In Bruges (2008) [Priest]: Shot repeatedly in the back by Colin Farrell while Colin is confessing to him; he dies shortly after staggering into the other room. (Thanks to ND and Tommy)
- The Tale of Despereaux (2008; animated) [Botticelli]: Providing the voice of a rat, he is eaten by a cat (off-screen).
- The Debt (2010) [David Peretz]: Commits suicide by stepping in front of a bus (which then crushes his head and chest). (Thanks to ND)
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2012) [Roarke]: His host body is destroyed when thrown into the flames of Hell by Nicolas Cage.
- Hitman: Agent 47 (2015) [Dr. Piotr Litvenko]: Killed in an explosion along with Thomas Kretschmann (and his remaining cohorts) when he detonates a bomb-rigged inhaler (given to him by Rupert Friend), while Thomas is escaping in a helicopter holding Hinds captive.
- Justice League (2017) [Steppenwolf]: Eaten alive by his own army of parademons (who feed on fear), as Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher and Ezra Miller watch on, after Ciaran is defeated by Henry and Gal which causes him to become frightened.
- Elizabeth Harvest (2018) [Henry]: Stabbed in the back with a knife by Abbey Lee, while he tries to knock her unconscious. His body is later cremated by Abbey and Matthew Beard. Ciarán also appears in flashbacks.
- Zack Snyder's: Justice League (2021) [Steppenwolf]: Decapitated by Gal Gadot with her sword, upon being impaled with a trident by Jason Momoa at the end of the battle.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Cold Lazarus (1996) [Fyodor Glazunov]: Killed in an explosion (along with several guards) when he shoots at Albert Finney's cryogenically frozen head, igniting the liquid hydrogen. (Thanks to ND).
- Jason and the Argonauts (2000 TV) [King Aeson]: Stabbed in the stomach with a hidden knife by his brother (Dennis Hopper) as they embrace. (Thanks to Stephen) (Mythologically inaccurate: Aeson does die in mythology, but is quickly resurrected by Medea; this is all part of a magic trick)
- Rome: Kalends of February (2005) [Julius Caesar]: Stabbed repeatedly in the torso by the Senators in the Senate forum (ending with Tobias Menzies). (His body is shown again throughout the following episode, Passover.) (Thanks to Juan, Stephen, Sheena, Vlabor, and Milou)
- Game of Thrones: Wars to Come (2015) [Mance Raydar]: Burned at the stake due to refusing to motivate the wildings to fight for Stephen Dillane. He is shot with an arrow by Kit Harington so he doesn't suffer as he burns.
- Shetland: S3,E2 (2015) [Michael Maguire]: Shot twice on a clifftop and falls into the inlet below by hitman Bryan Larkin, hired by Ace Bhatti. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Terror: The Ladder (2018) [Sir John Franklin]: Drowns (off-screen) after having his right leg bitten off by the Tuunbaq who then shoves him down a hole in the ice as punishment for the improper burial of Apayata Kotierk. (In real life, Franklin most likely died from sickness or malnutrition).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.