Christopher Lloyd (1938 - )
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984) [John Bigboote]: Shot in the chest by John Lithgow.
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) [Commander Kruge]: Kicked into a river of molten lava by William Shatner as they dangle over a cliff.
- Back to the Future (1985) [Dr. Emmett Brown]: In the original, Christopher is shot by a Libyan terrorist Richard L. Duran, but when Michael J. Fox returns to the present time at the end of the movie, it is revealed that Christopher was wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect himself from a note that Michael had written for him in the past to warn him of his impending death. (Due to the time-paradoxes in the script, it's open to interpretation whether or not Christopher had the bullet-proof vest on the whole time.)
- Walk Like a Man (1987) [Reggie Shand/Henry Shand]: Playing a dual role, 'Henry' freezes in Alaska while on a camping trip with family while Howie Mandel was lost since he was a baby. ('Reggie' survives the film.)
- Track 29 (1988) [Henry Henry]: Stabbed to death (off-screen) by Theresa Russell in the attic; we only see a bloodstain forming on the ceiling after Theresa leaves the house. Shortly beforehand, there is a scene of Christopher being stabbed repeatedly by Gary Oldman; however, since we hear Christopher's voice coming from upstairs after that scene, it's established that Gary is only a figment of Theresa's imagination, the on-screen stabbing is only Theresa's fantasy.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) [Judge Doom]: Melted in "dip" after revealing himself to be a toon and attempting to kill Bob Hoskins.
- Back to the Future Part II (1989) [Dr.Emmett Brown]: His original character "Emmett Brown" presumably dies off-screen, of old age/natural causes between the 1985 and 2015 time. Since there's no mention or indication of his future 2015 self. (I don't know if this 'll count but I'll just list it in case).
- Back to the Future Part III (1990) [Dr. Emmett Brown] Shot in the back by Thomas F. Wilson after going back in time to the year 1885. Michael J. Fox learns of his death when he finds a gravestone with his name on it, but follows Christopher to the past and prevents his death.
- DuckTales: The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990; animated) [Merlock]: Providing the voice of an anthropomorphic wolf; he falls to his death after losing his talisman while in the form of a gryphon.
- Angels in the Outfield (1994) [Al "The Boss" Angel]: Playing an angel that helps Joseph Gordon-Levitt, he dies (off screen) of an unspecified cause sometime before the film begins.
- Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995) [Pieces]: Shot in the chest by Steve Buscemi in the projection booth.
- Anastasia (1997; animated) [Rasputin]: Drowned when he falls into an icy lake while trying to kill the young Anastasia (voiced by Kirsten Dunst); he returns through supernatural means, and is finally destroyed when Anastasia (voiced by Meg Ryan) smashes the cylinder containing his soul. causing him to decompose into a skeleton and crumble to dust. (All historically inaccurate as this is a fantasy cartoon film, IRL Rasputin was poisoned, shot and drowned.)
- Dead Before Dawn 3D (2012) [Horus Galloway]: Commits suicide by stabbing himself in the head with his trophy, after Devon Bostick and his friends make eye contact with him; he comes back to life as a zombie-demon soon after, and is killed again when Brandon Jay McLaren hits him over the head with a baseball bat. His death is undone when Devon sacrifices himself in order to remove the curse from the town. (Played for comic effect.)
- Foodfight (2012; animated) [Mr. Clipboard]: Providing the voice of a robot controlled by Lady X (Voiced by Eva Longoria) he is broken when Dex Dogtective (voiced by Charlie Sheen) and his friends trip him causing him to fall and break.
- 88 (2015) [Cyrus]: Commits suicide by shooting himself in the mouth while Katharine Isabelle look in shock.
- I Am Not a Serial Killer (2016) [Bill Crowley]: Dies after being drained of blood by Max Records, who straps him to a table and pumps embalming fluid through his veins. His body immediately begins rotting and a demon is released from his chest, which then commits suicide by stabbing itself with an embalming needle.
- Muse (2017) [Bernard Rauschen]: Slashed to death (off-screen) by Yennis Cheung in Christopher's home in bathroom his body is shown when Elliott Cowan discover him.
- Amazing Stories: Go to the Head of the Class (1986) [Professor B. O. Beanes]: Killed when Scott Coffey and Mary Stuart Masterson try cast a spell on him to make him hiccup for days. When they go to his house to see if it worked the find him dead. In desperation they try another spell to bring him back in which Scott tears the head off the photograph of Christopher that was to go into the cauldron. This resulted in Christopher's body carrying his head while pursuing them. The story ends when Scott returns to school the next day to find Mary being punished and Christopher had sewn his head back onto his body.
- When Good Ghouls Go Bad (2001; TV Movie) [Uncle Fred Walker]: Crushed to death by a large amount of pumpkins; he later comes back as a zombie and finally dies when he turns into dust while dancing with his wife (Jennie Dibley).
- The Grim Adventures Of Billy and Mandy: Dumb Luck (2004; animated) [Bad Luck Snail]: Incinerated by Grim (Greg Eagles) with a bolt from his scythe after removing him from Billy's (Richard Steven Horvitz) brain, he then eats his burnt body afterwards.
- Malcolm in the Middle: Hal Grieves (2006) [Walter]: Dies off-screen (from unknown causes). Although we are informed of his death in this episode, Christopher himself does not appear (having not appeared on the show since Family Reunion in 2002.)
- Masters Of Horror: Valerie on the Stairs (2006) [Everett Neely]: Throat torn out by Christine Barrie; he dies after speaking to Tyron Leitso.
- Meteor (2009 TV Mini-series) [Dr. Daniel Lehman]: Hit by a car on the road while Marla Sokoloff watch in horror.
- Zodiac: Signs of the Apocalypse (2014; TV Movie) [Harry Setag]: Presumably shot to death (off-screen) by Aaron Douglas after being shot in the chest by Aaron's men.
- NCIS: Arizona (2020) [Joseph Smith]: Dies of a heart attack caused from his coronary heart disease. Christopher’s ashes are later interned to the U.S.S. Arizona memorial.
Video Game Deaths: Edit
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1, It's About Time (2010) [Dr. Emmett Brown]: Shot to death by Owen Thomas' men after traveling back to 1931. His death is revealed in a newspaper. His death is prevented when A.J. LoCascio saves him.
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 2, Get Tannen (2011) [Dr. Emmett Brown]: Erased from existence when his younger self (James Arnold Taylor) changes his timeline.
- Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 5, Outatime (2011) [Citizen Brown/Dr. Emmett Brown]: Playing a dual-role of different timeline versions, "Citizen Brown" is erased from existence when his younger self returns to his original path after getting runned over by Shannon Nicholson in the time DeLorean. (Emmett Brown survives.)
- Uncle of Sam Lloyd
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.