Chris Sarandon (1942 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Lipstick (1976) [Gordon Stuart]: Shot repeatedly by Margaux Hemingway, after she learns about his rape of Mariel Hemingway. (Thanks to Robert)
- The Sentinel (1977) [Michael Lerman]: Beaten to death with a small statue by Arthur Kennedy while Chris is trying to strangle John Carradine; we only hear the impact from off-camera. Chris' spirit later appears to Cristina Raines and talks to her for a while before revealing he's a ghost; his body is then shown when Cristina discovers the ghosts of Sylvia Miles and Beverly D'Angelo feasting on him. He "dies" once again when Satan (Burgess Meredith) orders the army of ghosts to return to Hell, punctuating the command by throwing a knife at Chris' throat.
- The Osterman Weekend (1983) [Joseph Cardone]: Killed in an explosion after being trapped (along with Dennis Hopper, Helen Shaver, and Cassie Yates) when John Hurt detonates a bomb in their RV, this is shown on a television screen that Rutger Hauer and Craig T. Nelson is watching. (Thanks to Johan)
- Fright Night (1985) [Jerry Dandridge]: Disintegrated by sunlight (when William Ragsdale rips down the curtains), turning into a skeleton (having been stabbed in the chest with a makeshift stake to no effect by Roddy McDowall). His skeleton then explodes into a ball of green fire. (Thanks to Robert)
- Collision Course (1989) [Philip Madras]: Killed in a car crash/explosion after Pat Morita makes a flying kick through the windshield of Chris' car and kicks Chris in the face, as Chris tries to run down Pat and Jay Leno. (Thanks to ND)
- Tales from the Crypt Presents: Bordello of Blood (1996) [Reverend 'J.C.' Current]: Stabbed in the chest with his own stake by Angie Everhart, after she turns his hand (eventually severing it) back against him. He dies shortly afterwards while talking to Erika Eleniak and Dennis Miller. (Thanks to Gordie and ND)
- Let the Devil Wear Black (1999) [Jack's Father]: Killed (off-screen) by Jamey Sheridan, some time before the story begins; he appears to Jonathan Penner as a ghost or hallucination.
- Fright Night (2011) [Jay Dee]: Bitten on the throat by Colin Farrell after Chris gets out of his car following an accident, as Toni Collette, Imogen Poots, and Anton Yelchin look on in horror. (Thanks to Tommy and ND)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Day Christ Died (1980; TV movie) [Jesus Christ]: Executed by crucifixion. (Thanks to Robert)
- A Tale of Two Cities (1980; TV movie) [Sydney Carton/Charles Darnay]: Playing a dual role, "Sydney Carton" is executed by the guillotine after taking "Charles Darnay's" place. (I haven't seen this version, but I'm familiar with the story.) (Thanks to Robert)
- The Stranger Within (1990; TV movie) [Dan]: Drowned after Rick Schroder throws hot chocolate in his face and pushes him into the water while they're out ice-fishing. (Thanks to Robert)
- Race Against Time (2000; TV movie) [Dr. Anton Stofeles]: Falls to his death from the hospital roof at the end of a struggle with Eric Roberts. His body is shown again afterwards when Diane Venora finds him. (Thanks to ND)
- Charmed: Necromancing the Stone (2003) [Necromancer/Armand]: Vanquished by Unknown means in the 20th Century, his spirit was Vanished with a Spell by Jennifer Rhodes due to a another Spell made by Rose McGowan.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Monsters Among Us! (2017) [Count Dracula]: Decomposes into a skeleton after Michelangelo (Greg Cipes) tossed Donatello's (Rob Paulsen) bō staff with one end sharpened like a stake into Dracula's chest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Noteworthy Connections:[edit | edit source]
Ex-husband of Susan Sarandon
Husband of Joanna Gleason
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.