Charlton Heston (1923 - 2008 )
Former President of the National Rifle Association
He attended the 1963 March on Washington.
- Ruby Gentry (1952) [Boake Tackman]: Shot in the chest by James Anderson in the swamp while Charlton is talking to Jennifer Jones.
- El Cid (1961) [Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar, El Cid]: Shot with an arrow during a battle with the Moors; he dies in Sophia Loren's arms short afterwards. His body (complete with limbs frozen in place and eyes open) is then mounted on a horse and sent back leading a battle (with a trained horse) to fool the Moors.
- The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) [John the Baptist]: Decapitated (off-screen) by Jose Ferrer's soldiers. (Thanks to Michael)
- Khartoum (1966) [General Charles 'Chinese' Gordon]: Stabbed in the chest with a spear by a Muslim soldier as he approaches them; his severed head is later presented (out of camera frame) to Laurence Olivier. (Thanks to Jeffrey, Stephen, Mac, and Aaron)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970) [George Taylor]: Shot by James Gregory; Charlton's hand falls on the switch of a doomsday bomb as he falls, destroying the Earth. (Thanks to Michael and Donald)
- The Omega Man (1971) [Robert Neville]: Impaled through the chest with a spear when Anthony Zerbe throws it at him. (Thanks to Michael and Donald)
- The Call of the Wild (1972) [John Thornton]: Shot in the back by Yeehat Indians with a shotgun and left trapped under the ice of a frozen lake towards the end of movie.
- Antony and Cleopatra (1972) [Marc Antony]: Commits suicide by throwing himself on his sword; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Hildegarde Neil. (I haven't seen this version, but I'm familiar with the play.)
- Earthquake (1974) [Stewart Graff]: Drowned when he falls into the sewer system while trying to save Ava Gardner. (Thanks to Michael)
- Midway (The Battle of Midway) (1976) [Captain Matthew Garth]: Killed in a plane crash when he tries to land his damaged fighter on an aircraft carrier. (Thanks to Donald)
- Crossed Swords (The Prince and the Pauper) (1977) [King Henry VIII]: Dies of sickness in bed, muttering of "monks" and as his court jester weeps nearby.
- The Awakening (1980) [Matthew Corbeck]: Killed by the evil reincarnated queen Kara (Stephanie Zimbalist), who brings down a sarcophagus and a stone wall on top of him.
- Mother Lode (Search for the Mother Lode: The Last Great Treasure) (1982) [Silas McGee/Ian McGee]: Falls to his death after being shot by Nick Mancuso. (Thanks to Michael)
- Hamlet (1996) [Player King]: Feigns being poisoned when another actor pours poison in his ear in a play-within-the-play sequence, while Kenneth Branagh watches Derek Jacobi's reaction in the audience.
- The Order (2001) [Professor Walter Finley]: Shot in the chest in the crossfire of a shoot-out in the street; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Jean-Claude Van Damme.
- Planet of the Apes (2001) [Zaius, Thade's Father]: Dies of old age, while talking to his son (Tim Roth). (Both Charlton and Tim are wearing ape make-up for this film.) (Thanks to Tal)
- Studio One: Wuthering Heights (1950) [Heathcliff]: Dies of natural causes after years of being tormented by Catherine's ghost (Mary Sinclair).
- Studio One: Macbeth (1951) [Macbeth]: Stabbed to death in a swordfight with Darren McGavin, then beheaded.
- The Outer Limits: Final Appeal (2000) [Chief Justice Haden Wainwright]: Incinerated by a cold-fusion device left behind by a Luddite-terrorist Ezekiel (Wallace Langham).
- Mr. Lydia Clarke.
- Father of Fraser Clarke Heston (director).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.