The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Charlotte Rampling (1946 - )
- The Damned (La Caduta degli dei; Gotterdammerung; Die Verdammten) (1969) [Elisabeth Thallman]: Dies (off-screen) in a concentration camp; we last see her at a train station, and we learn of her death when Umberto Orsini angrily informs the rest of his family at a dinner party. (Thanks to Johan)
- Tis Pity She's a Whore (Addio, fratello crudele) (1971) [Annabella]: Stabbed in the chest (at her own insistence) by her brother (Oliver Tobias). (The character is pregnant by her brother at the time.) (Nudity alert: Topless)
- Henry VIII and His Six Wives (1972) [Anne Boleyn]: Executed by beheading (off-screen); we only hear a cannon signaling that the execution has been carried out. (Thanks to Johan)
- The Night Porter (1974) [Lucia Atherton]: Shot to death (along with Dirk Bogarde) by an unseen sniper as they walk along a bridge. Shown from a distance.
- Zardoz (1974) [Consuella]: Dies of old age, along with Sean Connery. Shown in a time-lapse sequence with heavy make-up.
- Farewell, My Lovely (1975) [Helen Grayle]: Shot in the stomach by Robert Mitchum after she mortally shoots Jack O'Halloran and tries to shoot Robert.
- Angel Heart (1987) [Margaret Krusemark]: Heart cut out (off-screen) by Mickey Rourke. Her body is shown afterwards when Mickey, having no memory of the murder, "discovers" her lying on the floor. (Nudity alert: Topless)
- D.O.A. (1988) [Mrs. Fitzwaring]: Commits suicide by shooting herself in the head after confessing her secret to Dennis Quaid. We hear the shot while the camera's on Dennis (leading us to believe that she shot him), then it cuts to Charlotte collapsing. (Thanks to Dick Hertz)
- Paris by Night (1988) [Clara Paige]: Shot repeatedly in the chest and stomach by Michael Gambon in their study. (Thanks to Palepoli)
- Spy Game (2001) [Anne Cathcart]: Killed (off-screen); her body is shown in a photograph afterwards. (Thanks to Nemanja)
- Lemming (2005) [Alice Pollock]: Commits suicide (off-camera) by shooting herself in the head; we hear the shot from the other room, and she dies shortly afterwards after Charlotte Gainsbourg and Laurent Lucas rush into the room. She later reappears at the end of the movie, though it's ambiguous whether her return is Laurent's imagination/hallucination, or whether her death was the imaginary scene. (Thanks to Brian)
- Melancholia (2011) [Gaby]: Killed, along with everybody else on Earth, when the planet Melancholia collides with Earth. (Thanks to Tommy)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.