The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Charlie Chaplin (1889 - 1977)
a.k.a. Charles Chaplin
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Face on the Bar Room Floor (1914) [Artist]: Possbly dies of drink while trying to draw the face of the woman that left him. (While the film suggests he passes out, the poem ends with the artist dying.)
- Sunnyside (1919) [Farm Handyman]: In a dream sequence, he commits suicide by standing in the path of an oncoming car; he wakes up just before the impact. (He survives the movie in reality.)
- The Kid (1921) [A Tramp]: Shot to death by a policeman in a dream sequence. (Again, he survives the movie in reality.) (Thanks to Joseph)
- Monsieur Verdoux (1947) [Henri Verdoux]: Executed (off-screen) by the guillotine. The movie opens with a shot of his tombstone as he begins narrating from beyond the grave, then ends as he is being led to the guillotine.
- Limelight (1952) [Calvero]: Dies of a heart attack backstage at the theatre, after completing his comeback performance.
Noteworthy Connections[edit | edit source]
- Brother of Syd Chaplin
- Ex-husband of Mildred Harris
- Ex-husband of Lita Grey
- Ex-husband of Paulette Goddard
- Husband of Oona O'Neill Chaplin (thus son-in-law of Eugene O'Neill)
- Father of Charles Chaplin Jr., Sydney Chaplin, Michael Chaplin, Geraldine Chaplin, and Josephine Chaplin
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.