Chadwick Boseman (11/29/1976 - 8/28/2020)
- 42 (2013) [Jackie Robinson]: Died of a heart attack (off-screen) on October 24, 1972, at his home on 95 Cascade Road in North Stamford, Connecticut, he was 53 years old.
- Get On Up (2014) [James Brown]: Dies 13 years after the ending scene (off-screen). The film mentioned his death in closing text but didn't reveals how he dies. However, in real life, James Brown died of pneumonia on Christmas Day 2006, he was 73 years old.
- Gods of Egypt (2016) [Thoth]: Brain ripped out by Gerard Butler, but is later resurrected. (Mythologically inaccurate: there is no record in mythology of Thoth dying.)
- Marshall (2017) [Thurgood Marshall]: Died of heart failure (off-screen) at the National Nevel Medical Cender in Bethesda, Maryland, on January 24, 1993, he was 84 years old.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) [King T’Challa/Black Panther]: Disintegrated from existence by Josh Brolin's Infinity powers, just as he attempts to help Danai Gurira to her feet. He is later resurrected when Mark Ruffalo uses the Infinity Stones to bring all the people disintegrated out of existence back to life in Avengers: Endgame (2019). T’Challa passed away of colon cancer in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022).
- Da 5 Bloods (2020) [Norman Earl "Stormin' Norm" Holloway]: Accidentally shot in the stomach by Delroy Lindo during combat; he dies in Lindo's arms.
- Ma Rainey's Black Bottom (2020) [Levee Green]: Died of old age (off-screen). (Note: The film is dedicated to Chadwick Boseman's memory as he died of colon cancer in real life at the age of 43.)
- Cold Case: Street Money (2008) [Dexter Collins]: Shot to death by Tyrees Allen. His body is shown at the beginning of the episode, and his death is shown in a flashback later on. He later appears as a ghost/figment of imagination to Gbenga Akinnagbe, at the end of the episode when his murder is solved.
- Justified: For Blood or Money (2011) [Ralph 'Flex' Beeman]: Shot to death by Erica Tazel.