Cedric Hardwicke (1893 - 1964)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939) [Frollo]: Thrown from the bell tower by Charles Laughton. (Thanks to Jeffrey)
- The Invisible Man Returns (1940) [Richard Cobb]: Falls to his death from a coal wagon but not before confessing to the murder of Vincent Price's brother.
- Suspicion (1941) [Mr. McLaidlaw]: Mentioned in dialog he dies (I can't exactly remember the scene).
- The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942) [Dr. Ludwig Frankenstein]: Killed by burning/ explosion when the Monster (Lon Chaney Jr.) throws Lionel Atwill at a machine (in anger that the transplant of Igor's (Bela Lugosi') brain into him has left him blind).
- Invisible Agent (1942) [Conrad Stauffer]: Stabbed by Peter Lorre.
- The Cross of Lorraine (1943) [Father Sebastian]: Shot to death by Nazi guards for holding a religious service over Wallace Ford's body.
- Wilson (1944) [Senator Henry Cabot Lodge]: Dies (off-screen) of a stroke, a few years after the movie ends.
- The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (1947) [Ralph Nickelby]: Hangs himself in his attic when two Peelers come to arrest him. (Thanks to Brian)
- Richard III (1955) [King Edward IV]: Dies of natural causes in his bedroom, with several members of his court gathered around.
- The Ten Commandments (1956) [Sethi]: Dies of old age/natural causes, with Yul Brynner and Anne Baxter by his bedside.
- The Pumpkin Eater (1964) [Jo's Father]: Dies of old age/natural causes, with his daughter (Anne Bancroft) by his bedside.
- Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Wet Saturday (1956) [Mr. Princey]: Bludgeoned to death with a croquet mallet (off-screen) by his daughter (Tita Purdom), a short time after the end of the episode. The actual story ends with Cedric still alive; his death is only mentioned in Alfred Hitchcock's closing monologue.
- The Twilight Zone: Uncle Simon (1963) [Simon Polk]: Falls down the basement stairs (breaking his back) when he tries to hit his niece (Constance Ford) with his cane and she snatches the cane away from him. However, he has programmed his personality into the robot he built in order to torment Constance from beyond the grave.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.