The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Cary Elwes (1962 - )
- Glory (1989) [Major Cabot Forbes]: Possibly killed (off-screen) while charging the Confederate fort; the scene ends with the soldiers running towards a cannon, which then fires. Cary's body is not shown among those being buried in a mass grave, so it's unconfirmed whether or not he survived the battle.
- The Jungle Book (Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book) (1994) [Captain William Boone]: Eaten alive by the giant python Kaa in a subterranean pool after being dragged beneath the water by his backpack due to having heavy treasure items (as King Louie and the other monkeys look on).
- Twister (1996) [Dr. Jonas Miller]: Killed in an explosion when his vehicle is picked up by the tornado and then thrown to the ground.
- The Informant (1997) [Lieutenant David Ferris]: Killed in an explosion by a bomb planted on a motorcycle.
- Kiss the Girls (1997) [Detective Nick Ruskin a.k.a. Casanova]: Shot in the head by Morgan Freeman (firing through a carton of milk to eliminate the muzzle flash) when Cary threatens to blow up the gas-filled house.
- Race Against Time (2000) [Burke]: Shot in the chest by Sarah Wynter after Cary tries to shoot her, on top of falling through an elevator roof.
- Shadow of the Vampire (2000) [Fritz Arno Wagner]: Neck snapped by Willem Dafoe, after Cary shoots Willem repeatedly to no effect (during a fight with Cary, Dafoe and Udo Kier) as John Malkovich films it. His body is later seen slumped in a corner by a bed as John talks to him (in denial that he is dead). (Fritz actually died in in a traffic collision in 1958 as his colleague F. W. Murnau had 27 years earlier)
- The Cat's Meow (2001) [Thomas H. Ince]: Shot in the back of the head by Edward Herrmann, who had mistaken him for Eddie Izzard (his body is later seen as Edward arranges the scene to make it appear he died of a heart defect).
- Comic Book Villains (2002) [Carter]: Shot repeatedly in the chest by Donal Logue while Cary is lying on his back on the ground; we hear their conversation and the gunshots over the opening scene, and the shooting itself is shown later on when the movie "catches up" to that point.
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013) [Flashpoint Aquaman/Aquaman]: Playing two alternate versions of Aquaman, "Flashpoint Aquaman" is stabbed in the back with a sword by Vanessa Marshall. Aquaman survives the movie.
- Indiscretion (2016) [Jake Simon]: Killed with a shotgun by Christopher Backus to the shock of Mira Sorvino and Katherine McNamara's shock (though it is later revealed that Christopher killed Cary on Mira's behest).
- Sugar Mountain (2016) [Jim Huxley]: Struck over the head with a shovel by Jason Momoa as Haley Webb, Drew Roy and Shane Coffey watch in shock. His death is later confirmed by Haley.
- The Riverman (2004 TV) [Ted Bundy]: Executed (off-screen) in the electric chair; his death is mentioned in the voice-over narration.
- Brother of Cassian Elwes (producer).
- Mr. Lisa Marie Kurbikoff (photographer).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.