Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (1950 - )
- Licence to Kill (1989) [Kwang]: Commits suicide by taking cyanide after Robert Davi and his men attack his hideout. (to avoid being questioned). Robert then shoots his body twice in anger. (Thanks to Tal)
- The Perfect Weapon (1991) [Kai]: Possibly killed in explosion caused by Jeff Speakman to kill Professor Toru Tanaka. (Although it never says he died it can be assumed because he is never seen again after Jeff knocks him out in a fight.)
- Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991) [Funekei Yoshida]: Burned to death/Killed in an explosion after Dolph Lundgren stabs him with a sword impaling him onto a lit Catherine Wheel (at the end of a martial arts fight).
- Nemesis (1992) [Angie-Liv]: Shot in the chest/head by Tim Thomerson after being wounded in an explosion.
- Rising Sun (1993) [Eddie Sakamura]: Throat slashed with a katana at the end of fight with Yakuza. His body is later seen when Wesley Snipes discovers him lying/sprawled on a lawn.
- Mortal Kombat (1995) [Shang Tsung]: Impaled though the back on a bed of spikes at the end of a fight with Robin Shou; his body turns into a skeleton after his death with the freed souls of all his victims leaving his remains. (His death is seen as archive footage in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)).
- The Phantom (1996) [The Great Kabai Sengh]: Eaten by sharks after he falls into a lagoon while trying to kill Billy Zane with a sword (who dodges out of the way).
- Soldier Boyz (1996) [Vinh Moc]: Killed in a helicopter explosion along with his cohorts after Tyrin Turner remote detonates a bomb he stashed earlier on-board Tagawa’s helicopter, (while Tagawa is firing on Turner).
- White Tiger (1996) [Victor Chow]: Killed at the end of a fight with Gary Daniels. (My memory is vague but I recall he died at the end)
- Danger Zone (1996) [Monsieur Chang]: Killed in an explosion on the train, after a struggle with Billy Zane. (Thanks to ND)
- American Dragons (Double Edge) (1998) [Matsuyama]: Shot to death in a shootout with Michael Biehn.
- John Carpenter's Vampires (1998) [David Deyo]: Slashed in the throat by Thomas Ian Griffith during his attack on the motel (due to all the chaos in the massacre it’s not really clear how he dies but it’s established James Woods, Daniel Baldwin and Sheryl Lee are the only survivors); His body is briefly seen when James returns to remove all the victims’ heads (so they don’t come back as vampires and to conceal their identities) then burns the building to the ground.
- The Art of War (2000) [David Chan]: Shot in the head, neck, and back with a sniper rifle by Michael Biehn.
- Planet of the Apes (2001) [Krull]: Killed in combat against Michael Clarke Duncan during the final battle; his body is shown lying on the battlefield afterwards. (Cary was wearing ape make-up for this role.)
- The Ghost (2001) [Wu]: Stabbed in the chest by Julie Lee after a final battle. He then falls off a roof with her into harbour while Richard Hatch look on.
- Balls of Fury (2007) [Mysterious Asian Man]: Shot in the neck with a poison dart from a blowgun by Aisha Tyler, after he arrives late to the tournament. (Played for comic effect.)
- Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo (2006; animated) [Brushogun]: Dies after being unplugged from Keone Young's machine, he dies peacefully and fades away in Scott Menville's arms.
- Ninja Apocalypse (2014) [Fumitaka]: Assassinated in the beginning of the movie, allegedly by the lead actor.
- The Man with the Iron Fists 2 (2015) [Lord Pi/Mayor Zhang]: Head explodes when RZA strikes him with a diving punch using his iron fists, while Dustin Nguyen holds Cary underwater by his iron legs.
- Hardball: Wedding Bell Blues (1990 TV Series) [Chang]: Accidentally falls over a circular chainsaw after a fight with Richard Tyson.
- Netforce (1999 TV) [Leong Cheng]: Killed in an explosion along with several staff members after a bomb inside his restaurant is detonated by Xander Berkeley.
- Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding (2003 TV) [Mason Sato]: Shredded to pieces after David Hasselhoff shoved him into the rotating blades of a motorboat.
- Teen Wolf: Letharia Vulpina (2014) [Silverfinger]: Killed (off-screen) by Dylan O'Brien while possessed by the Nogitsune. O'Brien later frames Tyler Hoechlin and JR Bourne for his death.
Video Game DeathsEdit
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath (2020) [Shang Tsung]: Depending on the player’s choice in the final battle, Cary may disintegrate into dust if the player chose to play as Matthew Yang King. Otherwise, Cary survives the game if the player chose to play as him in the final battle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.