Carolyn Jones (1930 - 1983)
Film Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- House of Wax (1953) [Cathy Gray]: Strangled (off-screen) in her bedroom by Vincent Price. Her body is shown afterwards when Phyllis Kirk discovers her, again later on in the morgue, and finally as the Joan of Arc exhibit in Vincent's museum (after being encased in wax). (See also Monica Bannister in the 1933 version Mystery of the Wax Museum.) (Thanks to Dr. Babinsky)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) [Theodora 'Teddy' Belicec]: Replaced (off-screen) by an alien pod duplicate; we learn of her fate afterwards when King Donovan informs Kevin McCarthy. (Thanks to PortsGuy)
- King Creole (1958) [Ronnie]: Shot in the back by Walter Matthau while running down a pier with Elvis Presley; she dies in Elvis' arms shortly afterwards. (Thanks to Ed)
Television Deaths:[edit | edit source]
- Mr. & Mrs. North: A Good Buy (1952) [Grace Wilson]: Bludgeoned to death (off-screen) by Konstantin Shayne. Her body is shown when Barbara Britton and Richard Denning discover her.
- Wagon Train: The John Cameron Story (1957) [Julie Cameron]: Mortally wounded in the back by Claude Akins when she runs between him and her husband (Michael Rennie) as they were having a shoot-out She dies shortly after in Michael's arms. (Thanks to Stephen)
- The Dick Powell Theatre: Who Killed Julie Greer? (1961) [Julie Greer]: Strangled (off-screen) by Dean Jones. (Thanks to StrangeDog)
- Burke's Law: Who Killed Sweet Betsy? (1963) [Betsy Richards/Meredith Richards/Jane Richards/Olivia Manning]: Playing multiple roles as sisters, "Betsy" is poisoned when she drinks a cocktail that her sister ("Meredith") had spiked with cyanide. (Her other characters survive the episode.)
- The New Perry Mason: The Case of the Frenzied Feminist (1973) [Marian Ryan]: Stabbed in the chest (off-screen) by David Hedison. We see a body layout on the floor of the art room when the police investigate. (In a scene before the investigation, the "body" shown when David and Felice Orlandi enter the art room is not dead, but knocked out by Gino Conforti, until she started regaining consciousness for David to finish her off alone).
- Quincy, M.E.: Valleyview (1977) [Miss Grayson]: Injected with poison (off-screen) by Christopher Connelly in the hospital; her body is shown afterwards (completely covered with a sheet) in the morgue as Robert Ito and Jack Klugman discuss the case.
Noteworthy Connections[edit | edit source]
Ex-wife of Aaron Spelling
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.