Cape Fear (1991)
Directed by: Martin Scorsese
A convicted rapist (Robert De Niro), released from prison after serving a fourteen-year sentence, stalks the family (Jessica Lange and Juliette Lewis) of the lawyer (Nick Nolte) who originally defended him.
- Zully Montero (Graciella)
- There is an iconic shooting star shot; a nod to Steven Spielberg.
- Robert De Niro did a lot of working out several months before the movie, and during the shoot to make him the muscular Max Cady, reportedly taking his body fat down to only three percent.
- The thick accent Robert De Niro used to play Max Cady reportedly gave Martin Scorsese the creeps. As a joke, De Niro would call Scorsese's house, leaving voicemails as Cady.
- This was Gregory Peck's final appearance in a theatrical film release before his death on June 12, 2003, at the age of eighty-seven.
- Robert De Niro would only get under the Bowdens' car if a stuntman could prove it could be done.
- The score by Elmer Bernstein is not only an arrangement of Bernard Herrmann's original Cape Fear (1962) score, but also includes parts of Herrmann's unused score for Torn Curtain (1966).