Bruce Gordon (1916 - 2011)
trivia: one of a few actors with more than one 'historically wrong' death scene.
- Curse of the Undead (1959) [Buffer]: Shot in a gunfight with Michael Pate. He dies while talking to Eric Fleming.
- Tower of London (1962) [Earl of Buckingham]: Tortured to death when Vincent Price puts a rat in a helmet. (Historically inaccurate, the real Earl of Buckingham was beheaded on November 2nd, 1483)
- Gunsmoke: Matt for Murder (1958) [Tom Samples]: Shot in the chest by James Arness.
- Perry Mason: The Case of Paul Drake's Dilemma (1959) [Frank Thatcher]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Robert P. Lieb. His body is shown afterwards when William Hopper and two policeman discover him.
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Loquacious Liar (1960) [Judson Bailey]: Shot to death (off-screen) by Regis Toomey. We learn of his death when Lurene Tuttle gets informed.
- The Untouchables: The Frank Nitti Story (1960) [Frank Nitti]: Run over by a train when he runs down a subway tunnel while fleeing pursuit. (IRL, Nitti committed suicide when he was indicted for racketeering.) (Although Nitti was killed in this episode, Gordon appeared as Nitti in later episodes that took place earlier.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.