The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Broderick Crawford (1911 - 1986)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Slightly Honorable (1940) [Russ Sampson]: Accidentally stabbed in the back when he falls onto his own knife during a struggle with Pat O'Brien.
- When the Daltons Rode (1940) [Bob Dalton]: Shot to death along with Brian Donlevy, Quen Ramsey, and Frank Albertson in a shoot-out with the townspeople (Thanks to Harry)
- Badlands Of Dakota (1941) [Bob Holliday]: Wounded by Frances Farmer during a bank raid, he and Lon Chaney Jr. end up shooting each other in the bank. (Thanks to Brian)
- All the King's Men (1949) [Willie Stark]: Shot in the chest by Shepperd Strudwick outside the courthouse, he dies shortly afterwards while talking to John Ireland.
- The Last Posse (1953) [Sheriff John Frazier]: Dies sitting in a chair in the hotel lobby a long time after being shot in the stomach by Charles Bickford in the desert. (Thanks to Brian)
- New York Confidental (1955) [Charlie Lupo]: Shot to death, along with Marilyn Maxwell by Richard Conte.
- Between Heaven and Hell (1956) [Captain 'Waco' Grimes]: Shot in the head by a Japanese sniper, after he suicidally sets himself up as a target by sitting in his jeep and waiting to be killed. (Thanks to Stephen)
- The Decks Ran Red (1958) [Henry Scott]: Stabbed in the chest by James Mason at the end of a struggle in the ship's engine room.
- Goliath and the Dragon (Vendetta di Ercole; Revenge of Hercules) (1960) [King Eurystheus] Falls into the snake pit when Wandisa Guida tackles him to stop him from pushing Federica Ranchi into it. (Wandisa is fatally injured in the fall, too.)
- The Texican (1966) [Luke Starr]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Audie Murphy.
- The Vulture (1966) [Brian Stoud]: Falls to his death from a cliff after getting shot by Diane Clare and Robert Hutton.
- The Private Files of J. Edgar Hoover (1977) [J. Edgar Hoover]: Dies of a heart attack.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Cimarron Strip: The Blue Moon Train (1968) [A-1 Joe Lehigh]: Climbing the ladder to the water tower where he has left Randy Boone, he turns to shoot Stuart Whitman who returns fire and kills him. (Thanks to Brian)
- Night Gallery: You Can't Get Help Like That Anymore (1972) [Joseph Fulton]: Killed (off-screen) along with Cloris Leachman by the robot Lana Wood; his body is shown on display in the robot factory afterwards.
- Mayday at 40,000 Feet! (1976 TV) [Marshal Riese]: Dies of a heart attack during a struggle with Marjoe Gotner on the plane.
Notable connections[edit | edit source]
- Son of Lester Crawford and Helen Broderick.
- Ex-Mr. Kay Griffith.
- Ex-Mr. Joan Tabor.
- No relation to Cindy Crawford.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.