Bob Hoskins (1942 - 2014)
- Zulu Dawn (1979) [C.S.M. Williams]: Stabbed in the back with an assegai by one of the Zulus as they massacre the British soldiers at the battle of Isandlwana. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Long Good Friday (1980) [Harold Shand]: Presumably shot to death after being tortured (off-screen) by Pierce Brosnan; the movie ends with Pierce holding the gun on Bob as they drive away. (Thanks to Arben and ND)
- Lassiter (1984) [Inspector John Becker]: Killed presumably by Nazi assassins.
- Brazil (1985) [Spoor]: Drowned in sewage, along with Derrick O'Connor, after Robert De Niro connects the air-intake tubes on their containment suits to a waste pipe. (Thanks to Tommy)
- The Raggedy Rawney (1988) [Darky]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with soldiers.
- Nixon (1995) [J. Edgar Hoover]: Dies (off-screen) of a heart attack; his death is mentioned in Anthony Hopkins' dialogue. (Thanks to Arben)
- The Secret Agent (1996) [Verloc]: Stabbed in the chest by Patricia Arquette after she learns he was responsible for her brother's (Christian Bale) death. (Thanks to Dani, Arben, and ND)
- Twenty Four Seven (1997) [Alan Darcy]: Dies of a heart attack in his sleep. (Thanks to Arben)
- Parting Shots (1999) [Gerd Layton]: Drowned in his swimming pool by Chris Rea. (Played for comic effect.) (Thanks to Tommy and ND)
- Felicia's Journey (1999) [Joe Hilditch]: Commits suicide (off-screen) by hanging himself. (Thanks to ND)
- Stay (2005) [Dr. Leon Patterson]: Killed in a car crash, along with his son (Ryan Gosling), wife (Kate Burton), and Elizabeth Reaser; it initially appears that Bob survived the crash, but it's later revealed that everything after the accident is only occurring in Ryan's mind in his dying moments (his body is later seen along with Kate and Elizabeth as Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts are trying to save Ryan). (Thanks to ND)
- Outlaw (2007) [Walter Lewis]: Shot to death (through a pillow) by Dave Legeno in Bob's home. (Thanks to Arben and ND)
- A Christmas Carol (2009; animated) [Fezziwig/Old Joe]: Voicing a dual role, "Fezziwig" dies (off-screen) many years before the story begins; he only appears in a flashback when the Ghost of Christmas Past takes Scrooge (voiced by Jim Carrey) back to witness his past. ("Old Joe" survives the movie.) (Thanks to Tommy)
- Pennies from Heaven (1978 mini-series) [Arthur Parker]: Executed by hanging. He appears at the end of the mini-series, explaining that he was released, but it's strongly implied that the "happy ending" is only a fantasy. (See also Steve Martin in the 1981 remake.) (Thanks to Constantine)
- Mussolini and I (1985 TV) [Benito Mussolini]: Executed (off-screen), along with Barbara De Rossi, by a firing squad of partisans. We only see a scene of Susan Sarandon hearing the news on a radio broadcast.
- Performance: The Changeling (1993) [De Flores]: Commits suicide by stabbing himself, after he stabs Elizabeth McGovern.
- The Lost World (2001 TV)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.