The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Black Dog (1998)
Director: Kevin Hooks
Plot[edit | edit source]
An ex-con is blackmailed
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Patrick Swayze went through a real truck driving school to earn his Class A CDL (commercial driver's license).
- Kevin Sorbo was originally signed to star, but had to pull out due to medical problems.
- According to Vic Armstrong, the stunt crew, including Second Unit Director and Stunt Coordinator Gary Hymes, were fired from the film by the producers. They then called in Vic Armstrong, to film the truck chase, and finish the stunt scenes. Parts of the stunt crew remained on the set, and was rehired by Armstrong. This explains why there are two Stunt Coordinators, Assistant Coordinators, and Second Unit Directors credited on this film.
- On January 6, 1998, three Special Effects crew members were injured, preparing a gas-based explosion in downtown Wilmington, North Carolina. Two of the crew were hospitalized with serious injuries, and the third was treated and released. Improper safety measures that went against industry standards, allowed for a premature explosion as the crew was setting up the shot. The battery used to trigger the explosion was stored inside a truck engine compartment, rather than in the open. The battery was not disconnected when a cable touched the electrical contacts, causing detonation. Black Dog Productions was fined sixteen thousand eight hundred dollars by the state. These scenes that were filmed in downtown Wilmington, were not used in the final release.
- The bridge where the F.B.I. pull the truck over, is the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge, one of the few "center span" drawbridges left in the U.S. The bridge opens by the entire center section being lifted straight up in the air between the two towers.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.