The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Bill Nighy (1949 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Underworld (2003) [Viktor]: Head sliced in two with a sword by Kate Beckinsale. (His body is also shown in the 2006 sequel Underworld: Evolution when Derek Jacobi retrieves a key from Bill's body.)
- Shaun of the Dead (2004) [Philip]: Dies of the zombie virus after being bitten on the throat by Keir Mills; he dies shortly afterwards while sitting in the car and talking to Simon Pegg, and comes back to life as a zombie a short time later. Earlier in the film, he was bludgeoned to death by Simon and Nick Frost 3 times as zombie in dream sequence when Simon explain his 'plan' to Nick.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) [Davy Jones]: Playing an undead being, he is destroyed when his disembodied heart is stabbed by Johnny Depp (using Orlando Bloom's hand to do so); Bill then falls overboard into a whirlpool. (Although the post-credits scene of Dead Men Tell No Tales indictates that the character might make a return in the next instalment). (Thanks to Tina, Anton, Andrew, Bryan, and Hunter)
- Glorious 39 (2009) [Sir Alexander Keyes]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes, at some point between the 1939 storyline and the present-day framing sequence. (Thanks to Tommy)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) [Minister Rufus Scrimgeour]: Killed (off-screen) by Ralph Fiennes; we learn of his death afterwards when George Harris sends a message warning everybody at the wedding of Domhnall Gleeson and Clemence Poesy. (Thanks to Tommy)
- Total Recall (2012) [Matthias]: Shot to death by Bryan Cranston's men as Bill and Colin Farrell try to access the kill code.
- Wrath of the Titans (2012) [Hephaestus]: Sacrifices himself by letting Edgar Ramirez kill him in order to allow more time for Sam Worthington, Rosamund Pike and Toby Kebbell to escape. (Mythological inaccurate: Hephaestus was immortal and, therefore, couldn't die.)
- About Time (2013) [Tim's Father]: Dies (off-screen) from terminal cancer. He continues to be seen when his son (Domhnall Gleeson) travels back in time to visit him in the past.
- Jack the Giant Slayer (2013) [Fallon]: Playing the voice of one of the heads of a two headed giant (along with John Kassir), Nighy is ripped apart from the inside after Nicholas Hoult throws a magic bean down Nighy's throat, causing a beanstalk to grow from inside their stomach.
- The World's End (2013) [The Network]: Voicing the leader of a network of aliens attempting to take over the Earth, Bill self-destructs after arguing with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Paddy Considine. (Played for comic effect.)
- I, Frankenstein (2014) [Naberius]: Descends to Hell after having the symbol of the gargoyle order carved on his chest during a battle with Aaron Eckhart. (Note: Bill is in heavy demon make up during his death scene)
- Their Finest (2016) [Ambrose Hilliard/Uncle Frank]: In the film-within-the-film The Nancy Darling, "Uncle Frank" dies some time after being shot by a German plane while trying to cut a rope tied around the titular boat's propellor. ("Ambrose", the actor Bill plays, survives the film.)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Hitler's SS: Portrait in Evil (1985) [Helmut Hoffman]: Shot in the head.
- Testament: The Bible in Animation: Daniel (1996; animation) [Belshazzar]: Killed in the battle (off-screen), His head was later shown on a spike.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notable Relations[edit | edit source]
- Father of Mary Nighy.
- Former partner of Diana Quick
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.