The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Ben Kingsley (1943 - )
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Gandhi (1982) [Mohandas K. Gandhi]: Shot in the chest three times by Harsh Nayyar while Ben is walking through a crowd of followers; his body is shown again during his funeral. The assassination and funeral occur in the opening scenes, and the rest of the movie follows his life up to that point.
- Species (1995) [Xavier Fitch]: Killed by Natasha Henstridge (in her alien form) in the sewers, his body is later seen floating in the water when Michael Madsen, Marg Helgenberger and Forest Whitaker discover him. (Thanks to Gary)
- The Assignment (1997) [Amos]: Fatally shot by one of "Carlos" ' assassins in an airport bathroom after Ben shot the assassin in order to save "Ramirez". ("Carlos" and "Ramirez" are both played by Aidan Quinn).
- Parting Shots (1999) [Renzo Locatelli]: Shot in the chest by Chris Rea at the end of a chase, with Chris making it look like mugging gone bad.
- Sexy Beast (2000) [Don Logan]: Bludgeoned to death with a large box by Cavan Kendall next to the swimming pool, after being shot by Amanda Redman and beaten by Ray Winstone. Ben is later shown buried underneath the pool, as demonic being breaks him out of a makeshift coffin (seemingly alive) in a symbolic scene. (Thanks to Gary)
- What Planet Are You From? (2000) [Graydon]: Shot in the chest by John Goodman causing him to fall into a fountain as he’s about to shoot Garry Shandling.
- Tuck Everlasting (2002) [Man in the Yellow Suit]: Bludgeoned to death with a shotgun by Sissy Spacek.
- House of Sand and Fog (2003) [Behrani]: Commits suicide by asphyxiating himself with a plastic bag over his head, after placing Shohreh Aghdashloo's body on the bed beside him. Their bodies are shown again afterwards when Jennifer Connelly discovers them. (Thanks to Gary)
- Suspect Zero (2004) [Benjamin O'Ryan]: Shot in the back by Carrie-Anne Moss just as Ben is about to stab Aaron Eckhart (after Aaron refuses to kill Ben); he dies in Aaron's arms shortly afterwards. (Thanks to Mathew)
- Bloodrayne (2005) [Kagan]: Stabbed in the heart with a arrow by his daughter (Kristanna Loken); his body disintegrates into ash after his death. (Thanks to Vlabor)
- A Sound of Thunder (2005) [Charles Hatton]: Drowned when the compartment he’s in floods, his body is later seen when Edward Burns and the others discover him (I haven’t seen the whole movie but I have seen his death scene online).
- Oliver Twist (2005) [Fagin]: Executed by hanging (off screen) shortly after the end of the film.
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006) [The Rabbi]: Suffocates, along with Morgan Freeman, when Josh Hartnett puts/tapes plastic bags over their heads as Josh has them tied to chairs and explains his past to what they did to him. (Thanks to ND, Nemanja and Vlabor)
- War, Inc. (2008) [Walken a.k.a. The Viceroy]: Killed in an explosion when a missile goes off-course and hits his bunker.
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) [Nizam]: Stabbed to death with a dagger by his nephew (Richard Coyle) as Ben tries to kill Richard's foster brother (Jake Gyllenhaal).
- The Physician (2013) [Ibn Sina]: Commits suicide with drinking a poison as the city of Isfahan is under the attack of Seljuk hordes. His body can be seen when the climatic scene shows the ruin of the madrasah. It's historically incorrect due to the actual death of Ibn Sina noted to died by natural cause/old age.
- The Boxtrolls (2014; animated) [Archibald Snatcher]: Stomach explodes when he takes a tiny bite of cheese, after his body has already massively swollen to monstrous proportions because of his cheese allergy.
- Self/less (2015) [Old Damian Hole]: Dies after exchanging his body with that of Ryan Reynolds in hospital, after suffering from cancer in a restaurant with Victor Garber by his side. His consciousness later fades away at the end of the film after Ben intentionally stops taking the pills provided to him by Matthew Goode, allowing Ryan to reclaim his body.
- Collide (2016) [Geran]: Shot repeatedly by SWAT officers during a shoot out.
- Security (2017) [Charlie]: Shot in the head by Antonio Banderas, after Katherine de la Rocha tasers Ben while he is holding her hostage.
- Intrigo: the Death of an Author (2018) [Henderson]: Poisoned with sleeping pills in his whiskey by Benno Fürmann, who then opens the gas lines inside Ben's house while he's unconscious. Ben is ultimately killed by the gas explosion.
- Operation Finale (2018) [Adolph Eichmann]: Executed by hanging offscreen in Israel on May 31st, 1962.
- Night Hunter (2018) [Cooper]: Shot to death by Brendan Fletcher. His body is shown again when Henry Cavill discovers him.
- Spider in the Web (2019) [Adereth]: Shot in the chest by Filip Peeters moments after Filip has killed Monica Bellucci.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Secret of the Sahara (1987; TV Movie) [Sholomon]: Fatally beaten by David Soul; he dies some time afterwards with his daughter (Radost Bokel) and his friends by his side, after they discover him. (Thanks to Johan)
- Lenin...The Train (1988 TV) [Lenin]: Died (off-screen) from cerebral hemorrhage in 1924. We are informed by the text at the end of the TV.
- The Tale of Sweeney Todd (1998; TV Movie) [Sweeney Todd]: Stabbed in the back by Sean Flannagan.
- Mrs. Harris (2005; TV Movie) [Herman Tarnower]: Shot to death by Annette Bening.
- Watership Down (2018) [General Woundwort]: Presumably mauled to death by a Rottwiller.
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Father of Thomas Kinglesy, Edmund Kingsley and Ferdinand Kingsley.
- Ex-Mr. Angela Morant.
- Ex-Mr. Alison Sutcliffe.
- Mr. Daniela Lavender.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.