Ben Johnson (1918 - 1996)
- One-Eyed Jacks (1961) [Bob Amory]: Shot in the chest by Elisha Cook Jr. when Elisha fires a hidden gun from behind the counter while Ben is robbing the bank; he dies after shooting Elisha in return and then staggering out into the street.
- Hang 'Em High (1968) [Marshal Dave Bliss]: Shot to death (off-screen) by an outlaw; we learn of his death in a conversation between Clint Eastwood and Pat Hingle. (Thanks to Stephen)
- The Wild Bunch (1969) [Tector Gorch]: Shot to death in a shoot-out, along with Ernest Borgnine, William Holden and Warren Oates. (Thanks to Michael)
- The Getaway (1972) [Jack Benyon]: Shot to death by Ali MacGraw. (See also James Woods in the 1994 remake.) (Thanks to Michael)
- Dillinger (1973) [Melvin Purvis]: Mentioned in the on-screen text (at the end) he committed suicide in 1961 (actually it was in 1960 and his death was actually determined to be an accident, not suicide).
- Bite the Bullet (1975) [Mister]: Dies of hyperthermia, some time after crossing a (freezing) river on his horse.
- Breakheart Pass (1975) [Marshal Pearce]: Gunned down by Charles Bronson as they face off by the stationary train. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Swarm (1978) [Felix]: Killed in a train crash caused by the swarm of bees. (Thanks to Michael)
- Cherry 2000 (1987) [Six-Fingered Jake]: Shot in the back by Jennifer Mayo while he's trying to help Melanie Griffith and David Andrews escape. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Stranger on My Land (1988) [Vern Whitman]: Mortally wounded by Terry O'Quinn; he dies in the ambulance en route to the hospital. (Thanks to Michael)
TV Deaths Edit
- Have Gun Will Travel: A Head of Hair (1960) [John Anderson]: Shot to death by Richard Boone, when Ben tried to kill him; He dies shortly afterwards while talking to Richard.
- Mr. Carol Elaine Jones (widowed).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.