Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Directed by Bill Condon
An adaptation of the Disney fairy tale about a monstrous-looking prince and a young woman who fall in love.
- In the remake, Le Fou (Josh Gad) is Disney's first canonical gay character in a feature-length film.
- Sir Ian McKellen originally turned down the voice of Cogsworth in the original Beauty and the Beast (1991).
- Ryan Gosling was offered the role of the Beast, but turned it down to appear in La La Land (2016) instead. Emma Watson was offered the lead role in that film, but turned down that film to star in this one.
- According to Ewan McGregor, the hardest part about playing Lumière was getting the character's French accent right, although his wife Eve Mavrakis is French. He said his voice ended up sounding Mexican instead of French, so he had to redo his dialogue after filming had completed.
- During the ballroom scene, Emma Watson had a hard time not looking at her feet, because Dan Stevens was wearing steel toed shoes, and she was afraid he would step on her.
- Luke Evans [Gaston]
- Nathan Mack [Chip] (revived)
- Ewan McGregor [Lumière] (revived)
- Ian McKellen [Cogsworth] (revived)
- Dan Stevens [Beast] (revived)
- Stanley Tucci [Maestro Cadenza] (revived)
- Audra McDonald [Madame Garderobe] (revived)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw [Plumette] (revived)
- Harriet Jones [The Queen]
- Zoe Rainey [Belle's Mother]
- Emma Thompson [Mrs. Potts] (revived)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.