Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Basil Rathbone (1892 - 1967)
- Captain Blood (1935) [Lavesseur]: Stabbed through both Lungs in a sword fight with Errol Flynn on the beach of the Isle of Virgen Magra.
- Last Days of Pompeii (1935) [Pontius Pilate]: presumably got killed (off-screen) when the volcano erupted (hard to tell where he was).
- A Tale of Two Cities (1935) [Marquis de St. Evremonde]: Stabbed to death in his sleep by Fritz Leiber.
- Love from a Stranger (A Night of Terror) (1937) [Gerald Lovell]: Dies of a heart attack from fright, after Ann Harding makes him believe he's poisoned him.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938) [Sir Guy of Gisborne]: Stabbed in the stomach during a sword fight with Errol Flynn, then falls from the castle parapet.
- Tower of London (1939) [Richard, Duke of Goucester]: Stabbed to death in a sword fight with John Sutton. (Thanks to Dignan)
- The Mark of Zorro (1940) [Captain Esteban Pasquale]: Stabbed in the chest in a sword fight with Tyrone Power. (Thanks to Elizabeth)
- Above Suspicion (1943) [Sig von Aschenhausen]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Fred MacMurray.
- The Court Jester (1955) [Sir Ravenhurst]: Drowned when he got flung in the air on a catapult by Glynis Johns, while basil was fighting Danny Kaye.
- The Black Sleep (Dr. Cadman's Secret) (1956) [Sir Joel Cadman]: Falls to his death, along with Louanna Gardner, when he falls from a staircase while backing away from his test subjects and carrying Louanna in his arms.
- The Magic Sword (The Seven Curses of Lordac; St. George and the Dragon) (1962) [Lodac]: Clawed to death by Estelle Winwood after she transforms into a cougar atop his castle carpet.
- Tales of Terror (Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Terror) (1962) [Carmichael]: Dies of a heart attack from fright after a decomposing Vincent Price (whom basil had hypnotized into remaining in an "in-between" state at the point of death) rises from his deathbed to protect Debra Paget from Basil's assault.
- The Comedy of Terrors (The Graveside Story) (1964) [John F. Black]:
- The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini (1966) [Reginald Ripper]: Killed in an explosion by a backfiring antique pistol when Susan Hart's ghost blocks the barrel just as Basil is about to shoot Tommy Kirk and Deborah Walley. He is shown as a cartoon angel on a cloud afterwards. (Played for comic effect, obviously)
- A Christmas Carol (1954 TV) [Jacob Marley]: Dies (off-screen) before the story begins, appearing to Fredric March as a ghost. (I haven't seen this version myself, but we all know the story).
- General Motors Presents: Billy Budd (1955) [Claggart]: Killed with a single blow to the head by William Shatner.
- Mr. Oudia Bergere (screenwriter).