Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Barton MacLane (1902 - 1969)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- To the Last Man (Law of Vengeance) (1933) [Neil Stanley]: Crushed to death by a roadside after Jack LaRue and Noah Berry dynamite the cliff face; while Barton, Randolph Scott and the rest of the posse are chasing Jack and Noah. (Thanks to Stephen)
- G Men (1935) [Brad Collins]: Machine gunned to death by Robert Armstrong, as he tries to drive away.
- Bullets or Ballots (1936) [Al Kruger]: Shot in the chest by Humphrey Bogart.
- The Walking Dead (1936) [Loder]: Killed in a car crash, along with Ricardo Cortez, as they're trying to make their getaway after shooting Boris Karloff.
- The Prince and the Pauper (1937) [John Canty]: Killed by Errol Flynn.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941) [Sam Higgins]: Dies (off-screen) of undisclosed causes in an insane asylum; we learn about his death afterwards when Spencer Tracy arrives at the asylum and sees Barton's wife (Sara Allgood) being led out in tears.
- High Sierra (1941) [Jack 'Jake' Kranmer]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Humphrey Bogart in Donald MacBride's office.
- Western Union (1941) [Jack Slade]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with Robert Young in the street in front of the barbershop. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Gentle Annie (1944) [Sheriff Tatum]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with Paul Langton after Barton mortally wounds Paul; his body then falls over the railing to the street below.
- Nabonga (1944) [Carl Hurst]: Mauled to death by the mortally wounded gorilla (Ray Corrigan) after Barton shoots it.
- The Spanish Main (1945) [Captain Benjamin Black]: Drowned, off-camera during a fight with Mike Mazurki after they fall off of a bridge and into the river; his body is not shown and is never verbally confirmed that he's dead, but it's implied by the fact that we only see Mike emerge from the water.
- Tarzan and the Amazons (1945) [Ballister]: Drowned in quicksand, along with Donald Douglas, when they run into the quicksand while trying to escape from Johnny Weissmuller. (Thanks to Stephen)
- Relentless (1948) [Tex Brandow]: Shot twice in the back from up in the boulders by Mike Mazurki as he is being held at gunpoint by Robert Young. (Thanks to Brian)
- Unknown Island (1948) [Captain Tarnowski]: Mauled to death by Giant Sloth.
- Backlash (1956) [Sgt. George Lake]: Fatally shot in the chest by an Apache as they pursue him and Richard Widmark. He dies on the trail a little later. (Thanks to Brian)
- Frontier Gun (1958) [Simon Caryle]: Shot to death by Robert Strauss.
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Black Saddle: Client: Braun (1959) [General Orestes Fowler]: Shot down in his cabin by Vic Perrin. Vic thinks he's dead but as he goes to give a false statement to Marshal Russell Johnson, Barton shoots him in the back before expiring. (Thanks to Brian)'
Notable Connections[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Charlotte Wynters.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.