Barbara Stanwyck (1907 - 1990)
- Ever in My Heart (1933) [Mary Archer Wilbrandt]: Commits suicide. (Thanks to Sally)
- Double Indemnity (1944) [Phyllis Dietrichson]: Shot in the stomach by Fred MacMurray (whom she kills as well).
- The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946) [Martha Ivers O'Neil]: Commits suicide by pulling the trigger herself when Kirk Douglas holds a gun to her stomach.
- Sorry, Wrong Number (1948) [Leona Stevenson] Killed (exact method unclear;) by an unseen hitman in her bedroom, despite her husband (Burt Lancaster )'s unsuccessful attempts at convincing her over the telephone to save herself from being killed. As she screams, the camera quickly pans away to her window where the noise of the train crossing the bridge outside drowns it out; then it cuts to her hand clutching the nightstand during the remainder of the murder. (Thanks to Sally)
- The File on Thelma Jordan (1950) [Thelma Jordan]: Dies in hospital of injuries sustained in a car crash after she had deliberately made driver Richard Rober lose control. (Thanks to Sally)
- Blowing Wild (1953) [Marina Conway]: Killed in an explosion when a nearby oil well is hit by a grenade, after she suicidally walks through the middle of the battle. (Thanks to Aurio)
- The Violent Men (1955) [Martha Wilkison]: Shot to death (off-camera), when she tries to run away (upon Glenn Ford killing Brian Keith). (Thanks to Anonymous)
- The Maverick Queen (1956) [Kit Banion]: Shot in the back by outlaw George Keymas as she tries to protect the wounded Barry Sullivan; she dies in Barry's arms shortly afterwards. (Thanks to Anonymous)
- Rawhide: The Captain's Wife (1960) [Nora Holloway]: Shot in the back as she was being chased by Comancheros; she dies in Eric Fleming's arms shortly afterwards. (Thanks to Anonymous)
- The Thorn Birds (1983 TV; mini-series) [Mary Carson]: Dies of natural causes. (Thanks to Sally)
- Ex-Mrs. Frank Fay.
- Ex-Mrs. Robert Taylor.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.