Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Director: Joss Whedon
When Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) jump-starts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go terribly awry, forcing him, Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), the Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) and the rest of the Avengers to reassemble. As the fate of Earth hangs in the balance, the team is put to the ultimate test as they battle Ultron (James Spader), a technological terror hell-bent on human extinction. Along the way, they encounter two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Pietro (Aaron Johnson) and Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen)
- Chris Evans [Steve Rogers/Captain America] (dream sequence)
- Henry Goodman [List]
- Chris Hemsworth [Thor Odinson] (dream sequence)
- Thomas Kretschmann [Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker]
- James Spader [Ultron]
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson [Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver]
- Scarlett Johansson [Natasha Romanoff] (dream sequence)
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson was asked to lose weight (muscle mass in particular) because he looked too strong to portray a runner, who is usually trim.
- The Vision was not shown until the third trailer.
- James Spader uses his natural speaking voice for Ultron, with no accent or alteration of his voice. Spader's first day on-set, the cast was so impressed by his performance, that they applauded and cheered for him after his first take.
- Ultron recites "No Strings On Me", a song from Pinocchio (1940), a Walt Disney film about an inanimate being who gains sentience; Ultron serves as a dark parallel of Pinocchio.
- Scarlett Johansson was pregnant during filming, so many of her scenes were scheduled early in filming, before she began to show. To help hide her pregnancy later in filming, three stunt doubles were hired. This caused a lot of confusion amongst the other actors since, according to them, all of the stunt women looked very similar to Johansson. Chris Evans stated that it got to the point where he would say hello, and start a conversation with one of them, only to realize midway, that the person he was talking to wasn't Johansson. Ultimately, some scenes used CGI to hide Johansson's belly.