Director: James Cameron
- Laz Alonso (Tsu'tey)
- Matt Gerald (Corporal Lyle Wainfleet)
- Stephen Lang (Colonel Miles Quartich)
- Joel David Moore (Norm Spellman)
- Wes Studi (Eytukan)
- Sam Worthington (Jake Sully/Tony Sully)
- At the time of auditioning, Sam Worthington was living in his car.
- The first completely digitally shot movie to win the Oscar for Best Cinematography.
- This movie took four years to make, from pre-production to release.
- James Cameron was convinced that CGI effects had progressed enough to make this film when he saw Gollum in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002).
- Matt Damon and Jake Gyllenhaal were the studio's first choices to play Jake Sully, butJames Cameron decided to cast the less-known Sam Worthington in the lead role.
- Chris Pine auditioned for the lead role and said that it was his worst audition ever.
- The cigarette that Sigourney Weaver's character "smokes" is computer-generated.
- Some CGI scenes took an average of 47 hours to render.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.