Ava Gardner (1922 - 1990)
- East Side, West Side (1949) [Isabel Lorrison]: Strangled (off-screen) in her apartment by Beverly Michaels; her body is shown lying on the floor afterwards when Van Heflin investigates the crime scene.
- Pandora and the Flying Dutchman (1951) [Pandora Reynolds]: Willingly sacrifices her life in order to let James Mason's ghost rest in peace. (I have not seen this movie myself, but I got the information from the book The Films of James Mason).
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952) [Cynthia Green]: Mortally injured by an exploding shell; she dies (off-screen) after being taken away on a stretcher. We learn of her death when Gregory Peck is informed. (Thanks to Tony)
- The Barefoot Contessa (1954) [Maria Vargas]: Shot to death (off-screen) along with her lover, by Rossano Brazzi. Her body is shown afterwards when Humphrey Bogart runs out and finds Rossano carrying her body; Rossano then carries her body into the house and sets her down on the couch, all the while telling Humphrey about his crime.
- The Naked Maja (1959) [Duchess of Alba]: Dies of terminal illness (Thanks to Howard)
- On the Beach (1959) [Moira Davidson]: Dies (off-screen) of either radiation poisoning or from ingesting poison provided by the government. We last see her standing alive saying goodbye to Gregory Peck, followed by a scene of an empty Melbourne indicating everyone is dead.
- Glut (Aka The.Angel Wore Red) (1960) [Soledad]: Fatally injured by rebel soldiers while she tries to run from them.She dies later with Dirk Bogarde beside her.
- 55 Days at Peking (1963) [Baroness Natalie Ivanoff]: Shot in the arm by a Chinese soldier; she dies of the resulting infection some time later with the doctor (Paul Lukas) at her bedside. (Thanks to Farzad)
- Earthquake (1974) [Remy Joyce-Graff]: Drowned after being trapped in a flooding chamber (Thanks to Portsguy)
- A.D. (1985) [Agrippa]: Stabbed in the stomach by Anthony Andrews' henchmen. (Thanks to Gordon)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.