The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Arthur O'Connell (1908 - 1981)
Film Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Man of the West (1958) [Sam Beasley]: Shot in the chest by Jack Lord, when Jack shoots at Gary Cooper and Arthur takes the bullet for him, dying a short time later while talking to Gary. (Thanks to Gordon)
- A Thunder of Drums (1961) [Sgt. Karl Rodermill]: Shot in the stomach with an arrow by an Apache warrior. (Thanks to Brian)
- The Silencers (1966) [Wigman]: Killed in an explosion (along with several other enemy agents) when Dean Martin throws an explosive button through the elevator doors while Arthur and the other agents are waiting to ambush him.
- The Power (1968) [Professor Henry Hallson]: Killed by Michael Rennie's psychic powers. (Thanks to Jay)
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972) [Chaplain John]: Drowned (off-screen) along with several other passengers who had also chosen to stay, when water floods the Ball Room. (Thanks to Brian)
TV Deaths[edit | edit source]
- The Fugitive: Tug Of War (1964) [Samuel Cole]: Dies of a heart attack in the woods after a confrontation with Don Gordon who was trying to kill David Janssen. (Thanks to Brian)
- Wagon Train: The Wanda Snow Story (1965) [Dabney Pitts]: Fatally stabbed in the back by Donnelly Rhodes after Arthur had fired him from his magic and medicine show. His body is shown later as Donnelly; who was posing as a preacher was pretending to chastise the demon from Marta Kristen (a clairvoyant) with the intention of drowning her because she knew who killed Arthur.
- The Big Valley: The Odyssey of Jubal Tanner (1965) [Jubal Tanner]: Shot by K. L. Smith in a shoot-out with Jason Evers' men; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to his grandson (Sheldon Collins).
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea: The Mechanical Man (1966) [Dr. Paul Ward]: Commits suicide/sacrifices himself by blowing up the laboratory in order to destroy the robot James Darren. (Thanks to Tom)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.