Annabelle: Creation (2017)
Directed by David F. Sandberg
Twelve years after the tragic death of their little girl, a dollmaker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home, soon becoming the target of the dollmaker's possessed creation, Annabelle.
- Talitha Bateman (Janice)
- Samara Lee (Annabelle "Bee" Mullins)
- Kerry O'Malley (Sharon Higgins)
- Tree O'Toole (adult Janice/Annabelle Higgins)
- Miranda Otto (Esther Mullins)
- This is the first film in the The Conjuring (2013) franchise in which Ed and Lorraine Warren are not featured or mentioned in any way.
- Originally scheduled to be released on May 19, 2017, but was moved to August 11, 2017 to avoid competition with Alien: Covenant (2017).
- David F. Sandberg was initially reluctant to direct the film, due to his general dislike of horror sequels. He changed his mind when it was clear he would be making a standalone prequel, with no major obligations to connect it to the larger franchise beyond a few brief references to the other films.