Amitabh Bachchan (1942 - )
Deaths in FilmEdit
- Parwana (Moth) (1971) [Kumar Sen]: Commits suicide by shooting himself.
- Bandhe Haath (Tied Hands) (1973) [Shyam/Deepak]: Playing a dual role, "Deepak" dies of a terminal illness. ("Shyam" survives the movie.)
- Deewaar (The Wall) (1975) [Vijay Verma]: Shot in the chest in a shoot-out with his brother (Shashi Kapoor); he dies in the arms of his mother (Nirupa Roy) shortly afterwards.
- Sholay (Embers) (1975) [Jaidev]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with Amjad Khan's men; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Dharmendra.
- Don (1978) [The Don/Vijay]: Playing a dual role, "The Don" is shot in the back by police as he tries to escape; he dies of his wound shortly afterwards while holding a gun on Iftekhar in Iftekhar's car. ("Vijay" survives the movie.)
- Kasme Vaade (1978) [Amit/Shankar]: Playing a dual role, "Amit" is killed by Vijayendra Ghatge (though I don't know the details). ("Shankar" survives the movie.)
- Muqaddar Ka Sikandar (Conqueror of Destiny) (1978) [Sikandar]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with Amjad Khan; he dies shortly afterwards with Rakhee Gulzar and Vinod Khanna by his side.
- Shakti (Power) (1982) [Vijay A. Kumar]: Shot by his father (Dilip Kumar) after Amitabh kills Amrish Puri; he dies shortly afterwards after asking Dilip's forgiveness.
- Angeepath (The Path of Fire) (1990) [Vijay Dinanath Chavan]: Shot twice in a shoot-out with Danny Denzongpa; he dies shortly afterwards in the arms of his mother (Rohini Hattangadi).
- Mrityudaata (1997) [Dr. Ram Prasad Ghayal]: Shot to death in a shoot-out with gangsters.
- Kaante (Thorns) (2002) [Yashvardhan 'Major' Rampal]: Fatally wounded in a shoot-out with his cohorts; he dies shortly after shooting Lucky Ali, after learning that Lucky is an undercover cop. (See also Harvey Keitel in Reservoir Dogs.)
- Armaan (Desire) (2003) [Dr. Siddharth Sinha]: Dies of a heart attack while carrying an injured child to the hospital.
- Veer-Zarra (2004) [Chaudhary Sumer Singh]: Dies (off-screen) of old age/natural causes, during the passage of time between scenes.
- Black (2005) [Debraj Sahai]: Dies (off-screen) of Alzheimer's Disease; his death is mentioned in Rani Mukerji's narration.
- Waqt: The Race Against Time (2005) [Ishwarchand Thakur]: Dies of lung cancer.
- Bhoothnath (2008) [Kailash 'Bhoothnath' Nath]: Appears as a ghost (though I don't know whether the circumstances of his death are ever revealed).
- Paa (2009) [Aura]: Playing a child with progeria (rapid aging disease), he dies of progeria with his parents (Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan) by his bedside.
- Son of Harivansh Rai Bachchan (poet)
- Husband of Jaya Bhaduri
- Father of Abhishek Bachchan
- Father-in-law of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.