American Crime Story (TV series; 2016-present)
a.k.a. The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story (season 1)
a.k.a. The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (season 2)
A true crime anthology series that revolves around famous crimes in America, with each season being its own self-contained miniseries: the first being on the trial of former football player and actor O.J. Simpson (Cuba Gooding Jr.), the second being on the murder of fashion designer Gianni Versace (Edgar Ramirez) and the life of his assassin Andrew Cunanan (Darren Criss), and the upcoming third on the affair between President Bill Clinton (Clive Owen) and Monica Lewinsky (Beanie Feldstein) and Clinton's subsequent impeachment.
The murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman take place before the events of The People vs. O.J. Simpson, and the two are not played by actors. Therefore, as of now, The Assassination of Gianni Versace is the only one where a character, portrayed by an actor, dies onscreen.
- Darren Criss (Episode 2.9: Alone)
- Mike Farrell (Episode 2.3: A Random Killing)
- Cody Fern (Episode 2.4: A House by the Lake)
- Gregg Lawrence (Episode 2.3: A Random Killing)
- Edgar Ramirez (Episode 2.1: The Man Who Would Become Vogue)
- Todd Waring (Episode 2.7: Ascent)
- Finn Wittrock (Episode 2.4: A House by the Lake)