The Sandman Will Keep You Awake - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Al Pacino (1940 -)
- Scarface (1983) [Antonio 'Tony' Montana]: Shot in the back with a shotgun by Geno Silva, on Paul Shenar's orders, after being shot repeatedly in the chest by an army of gangsters. He is last seen falling off a balcony into the fountain.
- Dick Tracy (1990) [Big Boy Caprice]: Pushed over a ledge into the gears of a bridge by Warren Beatty at the end of a fight.
- The Godfather Part III (1990) [Michael Corleone]: Dies of a stroke while sitting on a chair.
- Carlito's Way (1993) [Carlito Brigante]: Shot in the chest by John Leguizamo. He dies in the hospital some time later.
- The Devil's Advocate (1997) [John Milton/Satan]: Explodes after Keanu Reeves rejects Al's Satanic power by shooting himself; he later reappears at the end of the movie, after everything is restored to the way it had been. (Since Al is playing Satan, an immortal entity, this doesn't really count as a "death" scene, but I'm listing it since it's been submitted to me.)
- Donnie Brasco (1997) [Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero]: Killed off-screen by gangsters; his death is revealed after the fact. (The real Ruggiero survived the events in the movie; he died in 1994 of lung cancer.)
- Insomnia (2002) [Detective Will Dormer]: Shot in the chest by Robin Williams; he dies in Hilary Swank's arms shortly afterwards, after managing to kill Robin in turn. (Apparently there is an alternate ending in which he survives, but all that has ever been released of this ending is a still image of Hilary helping him walk)
- People I Know (2002) [Eli Wurman]: Stabbed in the side by Keith Siglinger on the sidewalk; he bleeds to death some time after returning to his apartment, not knowing he's been wounded.
- The Recruit (2003) [Walter Burke]: Shot to death by a SWAT team after he drew his gun at them.
- Righteous Kill (2008) [Rooster]: Shot in the chest by Robert De Niro after Al fires several shots at Robert, committing "suicide by cop" by forcing Robert to return fire. He dies shortly afterwards as Robert kneels by his side.
- The Humbling (The Last Act) (2014) [Simon Axler]: Commits suicide by stabbing himself in the chest at the end of a play, while the audience looks on in shock, as he hallucinates he's being stabbed by Dianne Wiest.
- Misconduct (2016) [Charles Abrams]: Commits suicide by shooting himself under the chin while being held at gunpoint by police, after threatening to shoot Josh Duhamel.
- Hangman (2017) [Ray Archer]: Hits his head on a wall during a struggle with Joe Anderson; he dies while talking to Karl Urban.
- Paterno (2018) [Joe Paterno]: Dies of cancer after the end of the film. His death is mentioned in the ending text.
- The Irishman (2019) [Jimmy Hoffa]: Shot in the head by Robert De Niro.
- House of Gucci (2021) [Aldo Gucci]: Dies off-screen of prostate cancer in 1990. His death is mentioned in the closing title cards.
- Angels in America (2003 mini-series) [Roy Cohn]: Dies of complications from AIDS.
- Hunters: Eilu v' Eilu (2020) [Meyer Offerman/Wilhelm Zuch]: Stabbed through the heart with a dagger, after having already been shot, by Logan Lerman after he reveals to Logan that he is actually the Nazi that he and his group have been hunting.