Akim Tamiroff (1899 - 1972)
Film Deaths: Edit
- The Captain Hates the Sea (1934) [General Salazaro]: Executed (off-camera) by firing squad; the shots are heard by the ship's passengers, who are ashore in the general's home country.
- The General Died at Dawn (1936) [Gen. Yang]: Stabbed by William Frawley; he dies shortly afterwards, after Gary Cooper Persuades Akim to Spare Gary and Madeleine Cooper.
- King of Chinatown (1939) [Frank Baturin]: Mortally wounded in a struggle with J. Carrol Naish; he dies shortly afterwards while talking to Anna May Wong.
- Northwest Mounted Police (1940) [Dan Duroc, a Metis]: As the Metis lay siege to the fort he has a fight in the woods with Lynne Overman and as they stand apart he is shot from the fort by a Mountie marksman. (Thanks to Brian).
- The Corsican Brothers (1941) [Baron Colonna]: Stabbed to death at the end of a swordfight with Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
- A Scandal in Paris (Thieves' Holiday) (1946) [Emile Vernet]: Stabbed with a spear by George Sanders while they are fighting on the Chinese carousel.
- Touch of Evil (1958) [Uncle Joe Grandi]: Strangled by Orson Welles in a hotel room, while Janet Leigh lies drugged on the bed; his body is shown again when Janet regains consciousness. (Thanks to Mac)
TV Deaths Edit
- The Rifleman: New Orleans Menace (1958) [Cesar Tiffauges]: Shot to death by Michael Pate, just as he's about to shoot Chuck Connors.
- Johnny Ringo: The Assassins (1960) [Andy Baranov]: Unarmed, he tricks gunslinger Ed Nelson into shooting him, reaching for his heart pills knowing Ed will think he has a gun. (Thanks to Brian)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.