The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
A Night to Remember (1958)
Director: Roy Ward Baker
Summary[edit | edit source]
An account of the ill-fated maiden voyage of RMS Titanic in 1912.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Producer William MacQuitty had been one of the spectators at the launching of the Titanic on May 31, 1911. He was six at the time, and found the experience most impressive.
- Titanic's fourth officer Joseph Boxhall (played by Jack Watling) served as technical adviser for the film.
- Captain Smith's daughter Helen Melville Smith came to the set and met Laurence Naismith, she was overcome with emotion because of his striking resemblance to her father.
Male Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Ronald Allen [Mr. Clarke]
- Keith Anderson [Assistant Purser]
- Charles Belchier [Wallace Hartley - Orchestra Leader]
- Douglas Bradley-Smith [Head Waiter]
- Michael Bryant [Sixth Officer James Moody]
- Henry Campbell [W.T. Stead]
- Alexis Chesnakov [Passenger]
- Emerton Court [Chief Engineer Joseph Bell]
- John Dunbar [Scotsman]
- Harold Goldblatt [Benjamin Guggenheim]
- Michael Goodliffe [Thomas Andrews]
- Kenneth Griffith [Wireless Operator John 'Jack' Phillips]
- Paul Hardwick [Guggenheim's Valet]
- Arthur Hosking [Purser Hugh McElroy]
- Robert James [Engineer]
- Barry Johns [Steerage Entrance Steward]
- Andrew Keir [2nd Engineer Officer John Henry Hesketh]
- Howard Lang [Chief Officer Henry Wilde - Titanic]
- Richard Leech [First Officer William Murdoch]
- Edward Malin [Dining Saloon Steward]
- Patrick McAlinney [Mr. James Farrell]
- Allan McClelland [Lottie's Husband]
- John Merivale [Robbie Lucas]
- Ralph Michael [Mr. Yates]
- Laurence Naismith [Capt. Edward John Smith]
- Jim O'Brady [Engineer Being Crushed by Dynamo]
- Alan Rolfe [Carpenter]
- Norman Rossington [James Kieran - Titanic Chief Steerage Steward]
- Robert Scroggins [Titanic Bellboy]
- Richard Shaw [Crewman]
- Joseph Tomelty [Dr. William O'Loughlin]
- Meier Tzelniker [Mr. Isador Straus]
- Dervis Ward [Steerage Entrance Steward #1]
Female Deaths[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.